what would be the best make   

34 members have voted

1. 1. what would be the best make

• jd
    • massey
    • new holland
    • claas
    • other

Alright boys ive started this topic too find out what would be a decent enough tractor thats fair speedy on the roads for cartin, but not to big and clumsy for in the yards ideas would be fantastic so fire away!! with a price range up to about 40 grand or their abouts  :-

i can so see were this will go, usual buy red, buy red then colour wars ::)  i would say most makes have there plus points, if you have a dealer close by and there good think about them, other than that go for comfort and reliability in ya price range.

well m8 personally I was thinking about a John Deere 6430 myself but I was just curious what other peoples views would be

i can so see were this will go, usual buy red, buy red then colour wars ::)  i would say most makes have there plus points, if you have a dealer close by and there good think about them, other than that go for comfort and reliability in ya price range.

I agree with above post....good points  and bad points with all ....

If you asked me this question I think it would  probably depend as much on a nearby dealer who I get along with giving me the most affordable option not necessarily the cheapest on face value

For instance our local class dealer is trying to get you to build in servicing and extended warranty in the up front price , more expensive at the time but if you do a lot of work and are likely to be keeping the tractor, long enough to perhaps need expensive repairs, then this might be as I say more affordable long term

sorry to say this but  £40 K doesnt sound a lot to play with ,this might limit your choice a tad as the loader would be getting on for £5 K and I`m not sure what models have 50 kmh box as standard so it might be an extra which could add a bit to the final price too

I`m not getting into colour wars as I have a right mix  MF Claas and Ford now after being  lifelong MF fan.

hope that helps a bit

I would say JD as they are comfortable, at such speed and handy

If the massey comes with a sisu yes if its perkins no thanks

Consider Valtra N's BUT only if you can get it with front and cab sus, very bouncy otherwise, great engines

If your considering NH why not go for a red version, the cs much better machines (basically a steyr), very reliable

From experience 64's are a bit light for carting.  the JD 69's are great, fast but have the weight to do many jobs, including loader work.  Would echo the point about reliable dealer close by tho.  If you have one go with them regardless of maker (exceptions do exist for some makes  :P

have used both 64 and 69 deere`s for grain / bale carting both tractors handle good on carting as long as you match them with correct sized trailers but in my opinion the 64 wins hands down for manouverability the steering lock on them is great the farm i helped out on at harvest etc had 2 64`s one with a loader , a 68 and 69 a 75 and an 8400 and i preffered to drive the 64

I dont have much expirience with loader tractors or the size of tractor your seeking however I have driven both a 6420S and a 6430 JD both carting corn and they were both really good tractors. Also in our area JD has the best dealer back up and parts availabilty.