Green plough

jaywilli7610

That could be the one that came in a set with a green and yellow MF 595 budget version (9435) issued from 1986 to 1988.

That plough in a mid green was also present in set 9546 with the green reversible for a time, but I'm not sure that it was quite the same.

Edit: having just had a look, I am fairly sure that it is from the set 9546 with the reversible plough issued sometime in the late 1980s/early 90s:

ConRevPloughs9546f09.jpg

The ones I know about are:

Fordson Blue, Orange wheel, Silver painted mouldboards (sold as 173F)

Fordson Blue, Yellow wheel, Silver painted mouldboards (possibly 9530?)

Ford Blue, Yellow wheel, Silver painted mouldboards (sold as 9530)

Ford Blue, Yellow wheel, Chrome effect/unpainted mould boards (in set 9555 with 4 furrow trailer plough)

Metallic Blue, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards (in set 9555 with 4 furrow trailer plough)

Red, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards (I've not seen it boxed, but I assume it was either 9530, or in set 9555??)

Orange, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards (in set 9546 with 3 furrow reversible)

The  above had an authentically curved mouldboard and a rather sharp tip to the casting of the points which tended to get caught in carpets.  In about 1976, the casting was altered and the curve of the mouldboards was less pronounced and the casting of the points were extended to join onto the disc (to stop them catching in the carpet). Most of these later castings are are in set 9546 with the 3 furrow reversible and are known in:

Ford Blue, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards

Mauve, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards

Light Green, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards

Dark Green, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards (in set 9435 with the green/yellow budget version of the MF 595)

Bright Blue, Yellow wheel, Chrome/unpainted mouldboards (from about 1998 these were made in Macau)

Bright Blue, Yellow wheel, Grey painted mouldboards (made in China around 2001/2)

I seem to think there may be a Bright Green version (the same Dowdeswell type colour that some of the reversible are known in) and a Ford Blue version with a beige/tan coloured wheel too, but don't know for sure - if someone has one it would be good to get confirmation) as indeed it would be good to know if anyone out there has any further variations to add  ;) .

What I referred to as being similar to Dowdeswell green was a very bright green; similar to (or possibly the same as) the unusual coloured MF200 trailer referred to earlier, and must have been issued in the 1970s as the reversible in this colour is normally found in a 'straw' box. 

The pair of ploughs in the photo in my previous post are a noticably deeper and duller green (but still much lighter than the green usually used for the reversible and post digger and trailer) and were issued sometime between 1986 and the transfer of production to Macau in 1998 - they are normally in what I describe as a 'landscape rainbow chevron' box (being the later version of the rainbow chevron with the band of stylised bushes and trees across the middle).