Denzil Skinner

Andy

• 7 months later...

I was talking to a chap who used to work for Denzil Skinner yesterday. Very interesting conversation and interesting to know some of the rarer models they did that nobody really knows about. They did an Aveling Barford Grader / Scraper which I didnt know about, both in large and small scale. There were VR180 and Vigor versions of the 1/16 crawler and  also the Vickers crawler was released in a smaller scale.  :) The small scale Nuffields are also genuine Denzil Skinner.

• 6 years later...

There was a trailer for sale on Ebay a couple of months ago and it sold for £58 + post. In contrast I was offered one by a trader for £8.50 + PP back in 1986 but I didn't buy that one,  as I had already had one in my collection in mint condition - will try and photograph and post the pictures.  

That would be brilliant David thank you. Sound's like you have a fondness for the older collectables like me! There are further Skinner rarities that I am still to find. There was a County Tractor sold a couple of years ago I believe and an ex employee had mentioned to me about there being other promotional tractors made as one offs. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Tractordave said:

Denzil Skinner made these two small Nuffield Universal tractors - probably 1/43rd scale. 

Cast metal wheels that turn but no steering  

DSC_5774.JPG

DSC_5779.JPG

DSC_5789.JPG

These go un-noticed quite often! Did Brian Norman buy the moulds to these models or did I imagine that? 

45 minutes ago, Tractordave said:

Darvill Stanhay wheel strakes made by Denzil Skinner to fit the 1/16th scale Nuffield Universal 

DSC_5829.JPG

How do they fit and can you lock them in the out/in position? Was that some instructions in an earlier post or a contemporary advert for 1:1 scale?

I bought a 1/16th Nuffield Tractor a couple of years ago and to my surprise that came with original instructions/parts list, no box though.

Picture(s) to follow, flat battery at moment!

57 minutes ago, Andy said:

These go un-noticed quite often! Did Brian Norman buy the moulds to these models or did I imagine that? 

Brain Norman got Tony Molay owner of Denzil Skinner to run off several kits round about the time the business closed. I managed to get a couple unfinished kits from Brian during the lockdown and finished them off.  Tony Molay took the original moulds with him when he joined in partnership with Alan Smith (Hart Models)(Hartsmith). Tony has retired and ASAM Models still sell the tractors but I think they may have slight alterations to them. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, super6 said:

How do they fit and can you lock them in the out/in position? Was that some instructions in an earlier post or a contemporary advert for 1:1 scale?

I bought a 1/16th Nuffield Tractor a couple of years ago and to my surprise that came with original instructions/parts list, no box though.

Picture(s) to follow, flat battery at moment!

They fit over wheel hub, split pin and wheel nuts - two small brass levers (threaded) go through the gaps in the wheels and are turned onto the back to clip them on (see photo of back of wheel). Two small bolts on the front of the strake can be tightened to lock them in the out or in position - although when in out position the tractor will not sit properly for display purposes. 

DSC_5843.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...