New Dairy House for Manor Farm

Deere-est

Well, you all know "manor farm" (Tim).

His layout is going through some modernisation in the future and to start it off, a new barn for his dairy cows has been commissioned. It is loose housing, on straw. Centre feed passage, alleys for scraping out when the cows are in the collecting yard. This is the first span in place with the UH MF3080 for scale and up to as far as I had got on Sunday I think. It has progressed a bit more but I'll let Tim see those photos first.

post-227-132639665229_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639665488_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639665514_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639665571_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a 3095 decal for it!  :laugh:

are you sure ,can you do that,isnt the exhaust different, dont you need datatronic stickers,wouldnt the exhaust be wrong, then oh and the mirrors they would be wrong as well,you need front mudguards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look tris the list is endless,just send it to venton farm,i think tim will be pleased when he sees the shed

Are you making the plastruct beams into structures yourself or can you buy them like that ( Its looking great so far ;) )

Yes James it's bought as is, in lngths of up to 600mm depending on product type. Basically anything you can get in steel, Plastruct do a scale plastic equivalent. You can get the parts to make a tapered I beam too,

Thanks all, comments and compliments always appreciated :)

Apologies for the scruffy back drop, it's the only room with enough space to work on this! :of:D

Well the main frame is done. Now for the fittings like feed barriers, gates etc. Won't be much going on over the weekend as I will be up at the Malvern tractor show but next week I'll trickle on with it quietly again hopefully.  :)

I may even hang a white sheet up for a better background to the photos!  :-[::)

post-227-132639666838_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639666853_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639666864_thumb.jpg

thats a fine erection you have there tris  :of but maybe not a white sheet for the background as all we'd see was the base board , unless of coures you're going to spray the steelwork , nice going mate  :) :)

Xbrilliant work there tris, really like the h iron would like to try a shed like that myself in the future but I have a suspicious feeling it could get rather expensive rather quickly

Yes James it's bought as is, in lngths of up to 600mm depending on product type. Basically anything you can get in steel, Plastruct do a scale plastic equivalent. You can get the parts to make a tapered I beam too,

Thanks all, comments and compliments always appreciated :)

Apologies for the scruffy back drop, it's the only room with enough space to work on this! :of:D

nice work Tris, just found this!!!, did you use your new saw?!!.......ooooooooooooooh i'm so behind!!   

love the haunches too!!!, always add them on mine but gets tricky :-\ :-\

tapered beams.....not seen them :-\ :-\

Thanks everyone, your not wrong Mark... it's a bit of an obstacle in that room!  :laugh:

The steelwork will be silver Marcus, to depict galvanised steel.

Yes Pete, the fiddly stuff starts here basically, gates and so on will take the time.

Chris it can get expensive that is for sure, but the satisfaction from working with it and seeing how close you can get to a real building is great  :)

Haunches Ben? ??? The Tapered beams are the type of construction Ruben is using for his spud store... Oh and yes the saw was used for the angled cuts yes.  ;)

Haunches.....bit supporting vertical and diagonal!, usually its a cut member of the roof truss in real life.

I never seem to get the angle right , admittedly though i do them in a rush normally! ;D ;D ::)

cant wait for my saw to get here, hoping it will help with all the repetitive stuff!!!

keep up the work Tris!, expect more from you now!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Do EMA sell them Tris, i need to take a look, might save me time!.... actually T sections would as well :-\ :-\ :-\

f3314.jpg

mmmmm loving the copy and past image on here now!!

• 3 months later...