Classic Tractor May 2011

Well done to Rory and the gang at CT for firstly producing another good edition and secondly covering a large modern tractor fleet :of  but with a twist.  I did suggest on the British farming forum suggestions topic for CT that a focus on interesting modern fleets would be of great interest to some (especially me :) )  so what Rory cleverly has done is give us the lowdown on the Wright families large current New Holland fleet operating in Norfolk and then listed the many Ford,NH models (and a few other brands) used down the years and what models they replaced so that the reader can see how the business has evolved. Very interesting article and please do some more like this.

Bluegreen

Cheers for that (and also to robbo and tractorbob). The story on the Wrights was an interesting one. Their current fleet is almost completely devoid of classics, but their past history of ownership is absolutely incredible.....120 or so tractors since 1974. I'm pleased the issue has been well recieved, thanks for all your comments.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor

Dear BC,

Firstly, thank you for renewing your subscription to Classic Tractor. We appreciate your support.

If you renewed late, or after the latest June 2010 issue arrived, there's a good chance that your subscription will not start until the July issue. It depends on whether you told them which issue you wanted, although I'm not even sure that this works. It's all to do with how the subs copies are mailed out from the printers.

I just thought I'd mention it!

Regards

R Day

another great edition and well done for going ten years. It must have taken a lot of hard work but it was defiantly worth it. I did enjoy this months fleet profile, along with the story of vicon and the new 'machinery mishaps' feature. It was also good to see the Top Gear Snow-bine and hear a bit about its past. I also enjoyed Andrew Collier's column, especially his reference to the New Holland of 'Fordy'. He does some of our contracting work and defiantly does seem to get stuck more often than normal.