Hello from Holland

Hajo

Suprisingly I already signed up to FTF 3 years ago, but never spent al lot of time here. Must make up for that in the future ...  ???  Collecting Britains for several years now, I have about 350-400 models on the shelves now. Many of my models have remained from my childhood, and more and more have joined them since the collecting-virus took hold of me a few years ago. Some of you may know me from the Dutch version of FTF, the Landbouw Miniaturen Forum, in which I am (heavily) involved as moderator and member of the PR-committee. Also I am the secretary of the new foundation behind the Dutch forum.

As mentioned before, I collect Britains Farm models, but also some limited Siku and UH models are on my attic, which is were my collection is stored. I also have attempted some conversions and would still like to create a nice diorama. About myself? I am 31 years old, live in the south of Holland, work on the sales department of a roofing materials wholesale and have a girlfriend for many years now.

Hi Hajo,

I had a quick look at your forum, but it's a bit slow trying to find my way round as I don't speak Dutch, although when written, enough of the words are similar enough to English to get the general idea.

To save me a lot of time searching, are there any threads, preferably with photos, of really old (1960s, preferably 1930s) lead farm figures and wooden farm buildings? If so, can you point me in the right direction or give links?

I don't collect post 1970 models at all, but would be interested in pre 1970 plastic figures. Unlike almost everyone else here, I have zero interest in tractors & farm machinery. 

As far as I know, we don't have any threads on pre-1970's lead farm figures, although sometimes a member might acquire such items on accident ... ;) If I come across any threads, I will let you know.

Claaspower : You have never visited Holland to come to the anual show in Zwolle in Novembre?

I didn't know about shows or model collectors until a few months ago  :of I didn't realise there were so many.

I doubt I'd be able to get to Zwolle this year as it's too close to the Tractor Pulling Competition which is on in September :(

Maybe next year,hopefully :)

Welcome along Hajo and after years of standing in the corner I am glad you have come out to say Hi.  :) I too am on LMF but I must admit I have not posted for a while on there now... I find it hard to get out of FTF without Lordy Ferguson seeing me and send the FTF guard dog after me!  :laugh: :laugh: