silage 2011

Manor Farm

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one day tris all these photos were taken on the royal wedding/bank holiday monday on the ards penninsula,a stretch of land beside strangford lough in county down,alot of big dairy men down the penninsula would cut early some take four cuts a year

Beautiful area, this is your locality I take it? Lucky chaps to live in such lovely scenery  :) :)

cheers man noel took the pictures i was merely navigator for the day,yes second in the country takes something to kill these 970s  ::) ,hes 1 renault 3 claas 5 johndeeres and they had a 4 pot arion out on demo recently so who knows what will be leaving the yard next  ;)

It would be interesting to see them contractors books and see if all the kit is paid for and etc

theres one fleet in there thats i know of thats all paid for and theres another that has a golf club and resturant behind it to fund it so no money issues there  ;)

Why is the Johny runing over the row of grass instead of going to the end of the row?

Because there is a hedgerow on the other side and he wouldn't be able to make the turn? If he has to run down the field, turn around and come all the way back that would cost a lot more time?

It would be interesting to see them contractors books and see if all the kit is paid for and etc

Does it really matter what is owned and what not? If everyone had to buy all their kit there would probably be a LOT less sales, less frequently updated machinery and so on. With interesting financing rates you'd be madd not to do so. If I had to choose between an contractor that owns his kit and asks more money for the job or one that leases/hires theirs and does it cheaper I know where i'd go to!

On another note: Why is it that there are absolutely no New Holland forage harvesters around? Judging by the NH tractors there must be a dealership somewhere. Are they regarded as not very good machines?