Some old Ford & Massey Ferguson ads from 1970s

Probably a case of using rose-tinted glasses but those older ads seem to have more character than those of modern tractors!

Agreed......and in them days the source of publicity was really only Farmers Weekly or Power Farming.

Great thread Richard, please keep them coming. :D :D

Between 1969/70 I kept a scrapbook of cuttings from Farmers Weekly and Power Farming, I wish I knew what I had done with it as it would be great to look back now. I have searched my loft and my Mothers loft but still can't find it, hopefully one day it will turn up and I will be able to post some old images like these.

Agreed......and in them days the source of publicity was really only Farmers Weekly or Power Farming.

agree with that richard we have several boxes with powerfarming mags from the 1960s untill the 1980s great pics and information . some still have original tractor and machinery brochures stapled in ford class john deere e.t.c

Agreed.. count me in for this one too. Some lovely images there... I also use to get PowerFarming Magazine... I can remember quite a lot of MF centre page pullouts.. usually for the 500 series range - Happy days  ;D

have you still got them mark or would you one day lke to rummage through these ?

agree with that richard we have several boxes with powerfarming mags from the 1960s untill the 1980s great pictures and information . some still have original tractor and machinery brochures stapled in ford class john deere e.t.c

yes, there were some good pull-outs in them days - Massey 500 series with the flexi-45 record promoting the "Thoro-Reds", John Deere "schedule masters" - the 40 series with OPU cabs, the McConnell ones from the early 80's when they were pushing the shakerator, then the min-till/direct drilling phase where ICI Gramoxone featured everywhere......especially in the Farmers Weekly 'Arable' sections.

Some nice ones there - brings back a few memories - I remember the lineup of MF 100 series, and the Shell sprayers ad (in fact I think I have them in a scrapbook somewhere too  :) ).

In the 1970's ?? :-

British Farmer & Stockbreeder,  Arable Farming,  and Big Farm Management to name three other very common ones.

I always found more machinery ads in Big Farm Management than in either FW or Power Farming  ;)