Massey 6290 and side mounted hedge trimmer

Heres a little something I knocked up last night and this morning. I've been meaning to do one for a while now, but couldn't decide which tractor to mount it on :D

Anyway it's a Britains Massey Ferguson 6290 with a few little extras a like UH wheels, beacon, SMV triangle and front cradle for hedge cutter head. The hedge cutter itself is a UH SMA Puma 2050 with the boom section and the slewing rams mounted on the side and the base, oil reservoir etc mounted on the rear. Just added a few hoses to that, thats all ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

post-3-132638512783_thumb.jpg

post-3-132638512795_thumb.jpg

post-3-132638512805_thumb.jpg

Looks fantastic NCC and on a quality tractor too. I take it the oil rsevoir and all the gubbins would have to be remade if it were to fit on the left hand side? It does look smart though and so does the tractor itself with the subtle changes. Hope you have some wheel weights to go on there?!!

stroke of luck finding that hedge in a black box nath , oh & yer flails need sharpening by the looks of the job it's done  ;)

nice looking massey nath did you modify it yerself ? & that trimmer looks the part ,is it easily detatched ? & is a wider head available ?

very nice set that  :) :) :)

Looks awesome Nath, but I didn't want it mounted on a Massey  :D :D :D

Sorry TBF, I've run out of Zetors :D :D :D :D

Looks fantastic NCC and on a quality tractor too. I take it the oil rsevoir and all the gubbins would have to be remade if it were to fit on the left hand side? It does look smart though and so does the tractor itself with the subtle changes. Hope you have some wheel weights to go on there?!!

Cheers D-E, Yes the oil res etc would all have to be moved over to the right, so to help counter balance the boom I would of thought.

Wheel weights are on the way ;) ;)

stroke of luck finding that hedge in a black box nath , oh & yer flails need sharpening by the looks of the job it's done  ;)

nice looking massey nath did you modify it yerself ? & that trimmer looks the part ,is it easily detatched ? & is a wider head available ?

very nice set that  :) :) :)

Cheers Marcus, you never know where you'll find a hedge Marcus, this was found on the open cast ;) ;)

I added the hedge cutter and the likes. The beacon, SMV and UH wheels where already on it when I bought it off ebay though ;) Unfortunately the hedge trimmer is stuck solid where it is, couldn't be bothered to screw it ::), so will have to go and buy a new Massey for silage carting this year.

I don't think there is any bigger heads for it no, could do with one though as it's a little small :-\ :-\

Great work NCC looks good nice convo there just wondering isn't the exhaust on the wrong side on the 6290

It is, wouldn't fit where it normally is due to the boom of the hedge cutter ;) ;) ;)

Looking good Nath...... :) :) :)

Cheers Martin ;)

very nice nath

but why is it on the right is it for the french set up

cos the english one are normaly mounted on the left theres one down here in kent mounted on an7820 jd ??

I'll try and answer this for you 1/32 farmer...... :);) ;)

Nath's used the Universal Hobbies Hedge-Cutter (probably from the Renault) for this convo and the way this hedge cutter is set up is for the continent so has to be mounted this way......To mount it on the other side would require a fair bit of work on the main body of the cutter I think...... :) :) :)

Am I right Nath?

indeed mart,pretty sure that was the reasn its done that way,although i was wondering if it was turned onto the otherside would the head be right then???? brains a bit stellaed at mo

Not sure Sean, but looking at it if you puit it on the other side and didn't do any work to the main body of the cutter it would have to be cutting with the tractor in reverse to cut properly......Could be wrong though so I won't say anymore...... :D;) ;)

Would make a good TV series  :D :D :D Just off to call the CEO of the BBC  brb  :D :D :D

Now that's a good idea TBF, that would get me the dosh for the Ford 3600 quick enough...... ;):D;)