uh mf 590

i was just looking through some old topics of mine,how models have advanced,when i done this 590 convo i was chuffed to bits with it,but besides uh's offering it makes mine very toy looking,and i only done this convo 2 years ago,so thanks uh,and i dont mean the thanks to be sarcastic,theres no way i could match uh

post-1891-132639818848_thumb.png

post-1891-132639818867_thumb.png

post-1891-132639818892_thumb.jpg

Aye, kudos to you Paul, that's a fine looking conversion. Interesting what you say though about the advance of model, let's call it authenticity. I notice criticisms (and I'm not saying whether they're founded or unfounded) leveled at models today that would have been met with tears of joy and songs of praise five-plus years ago when the forum was in short trousers. Our levels of expectation seem to me, to have sky-rocketed in the last few years.

I remember seeing the UH Renault Atles with duals front and rear and thinking "it can't get any better than this", now I'm sure it's considered one of UH's more basic models.

Makes y' wonder what we will be expecting five years from now......

Aye, kudos to you Paul, that's a fine looking conversion. Interesting what you say though about the advance of model, let's call it authenticity. I notice criticisms (and I'm not saying whether they're founded or unfounded) leveled at models today that would have been met with tears of joy and songs of praise five-plus years ago when the forum was in short trousers. Our levels of expectation seem to me, to have sky-rocketed in the last few years.

I remember seeing the UH Renault Atles with duals front and rear and thinking "it can't get any better than this", now I'm sure it's considered one of UH's more basic models.

Makes y' wonder what we will be expecting five years from now......

youve hit the nail on the head there adam,cant say any more than that

Looks good your effort

Paul

I'd

be happy

with your

model

any day.

thanks ol,but youve got to admit,uh ros,britains,all of them,they take some beating,convos now im afraid are for models that the companys dont make,or ones with glaring mistakes,i know there are a few turned out with wrong colour chassis,wheels or beacons in the wrong place etc, but not many

• 4 weeks later...

Yes UH takes some beating, i have only recently started buying there models and they are impressive. i recently purchased  a 1/32 Ford 7810 and it litrally blew my mind, it really makes my old Britains 5610 look very basic. In fact i was so impressed with the 7810 i purchased a 1/32 MF 590 the very next day.. 8)

If you think about it tough,the only reason Britains upped there standards lately was to try and compete with UH & REPLICAGRI. But still be cheaper at the same time, & try and strike a balance between the carpet farmer and  the collector. Back in the 70's and 80's when Britains produced the MF 590, their only competition were Corgi & LoneStar i spose. So they were the best back then by a mile. But starting to improve again with those IH & CASE models. ;)

Yes UH takes some beating, i have only recently started buying there models and they are impressive. i recently purchased  a 1/32 Ford 7810 and it litrally blew my mind, it really makes my old Britains 5610 look very basic. In fact i was so impressed with the 7810 i purchased a 1/32 MF 590 the very next day.. 8)

Yeah ,it makes the 5610 look awful. Then again the 5610 used the 6 cyl TW-20  casting so it was never acurate anyway. I have em both also tough, but you could never display them alongside each other i feel. It just dont seem right .