Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No camera unfortunately, but saw a Lexion 570 TT very close to Shrewsbury in barley, and also a little further on a JD 9780 CTS about to start a field of OSR...there were a few more fields that had been cut as well, so its getting going now.  Hope to get out with the camera these next few weeks.

Just been out:

Claas Lexion 600 - V1050

Claas Lexion 580+ - V900

Claas Lexion 570 - V900

Claas Lexion 550 - V750

Proper job! Photos will be on my harvest topic shortly.

Nice list there mate!  :D  Looking forward to the photos!

/malc.

Just been out:

Claas Lexion 600 - V1050

Claas Lexion 580+ - V900

Claas Lexion 570 - V900

Claas Lexion 550 - V750

Proper job! Photos will be on my harvest topic shortly.

Poor chap, my condolences  :( . Hopefully you can find a nice old Dominator or Senator soon!  :angel:

Poor chap, my condolences  :( . Hopefully you can find a nice old Dominator or Senator soon!  :angel:

Seen a couple of 90s Dominators this year, still hoping for a Matador but not holding my breath!

In other bad news, one of the local farms (run by Kerrs) has obviously hit hard times. I know they've lost some land/contracts, but worst of all they have had to sell their two Lexions and downgrade to two John Deere things. Times *must* be hard....

;)

/malc.

Malc; Keep looking for Matadors, they are out there, somewhere!

One serious question: Why is a Lexion nearly 2 tonnes heavier than a similarly equipped NH? This applies both to walker and rotor models. Compared spec sheets this morning and noticed a significant difference. Both figures quoted without header, chopper, spreader. I wouldn't say the NH is to light build so where do all these kilos come from??

It's all the extra quality they build into the Lexions that adds to their weight!  ;) ;) ;)

On a serious note, how do the other stats compare - width/height/length, grain tank size, etc. Are the Lexions bigger as well as more sturdily constructed?

/m.

Lexion 650 is 330 hp max, has a 9600L graintank, 3,98m wide on 710 tyres, height not given, 800L fuel tank. Weighs 14400 kg.

CX8060 is 339 hp max, has a 9000L graintank, 3,3m wide on 710 tyres, 3,92m high, 750L fuel tank. Weighs 13300kg.

So that is 1100kg, or 1,1 tonne less.

Lexion 760 is 530 hp max, has a 10500L graintank, 3,89m wide on 700 tyres, height not given, 1150L fuel tank. Weighs 17400 kg.

CR 9080 Elevation is 530 hp max, has a 10500L graintank, 3,5m wide on 710 tyres, height 3,96m, 1000L fuel tank. Weighs 15.010 kg.

So that is 2390kg, or 2,3 tonne less!

Fuel tank seems to make the most difference with a couple of kilograms but not by a lot.

Seen a couple of 90s Dominators this year, still hoping for a Matador but not holding my breath!

In other bad news, one of the local farms (run by Kerrs) has obviously hit hard times. I know they've lost some land/contracts, but worst of all they have had to sell their two Lexions and downgrade to two John Deere things. Times *must* be hard....

;)

/malc.

I'm sure there's a bloke round my way still runs a matador  ??? i'll have a word with a few people, see if he's still got it.