Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,22633.msg458931.html#msg458931

That link should take you to the Lexion 600 I photographed a few years back - fairly sure its the same one (Marsh sticker on the side).  If you go to page 10 of the same thread you can see the CR980 parked up as well.

yes that is there new holland and claas combines, i looked at the number plates in yours and my photos and they are the same

yes that is there new holland and claas combines, i looked at the number plates in yours and my photos and they are the same

I thought so...so they must get about a bit if they're kept over Telford and work around the Rednal neck of the woods...I always thought the combines were kept at Pradoe so I've learnt something new there

nice shots walter.

Thanks Ol. Really looking forward to harvest commencing around where I live. Any combine harvesters and associated equipment I find on my travels to photograph i'll post in the following topic:

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,27857.105.html

:)

I thought so...so they must get about a bit if they're kept over Telford and work around the Rednal neck of the woods...I always thought the combines were kept at Pradoe so I've learnt something new there

they do yeah, apparently they have land down chester way but not sure how true that is, ill soon find out when i start working there from the 4th onwards, ill be getting about a bit anyway as im carting for majority of the summer so ill be working alongside the combines.

According to a planning proposal for an anerobic digester at Abbots Moor, the family farms a whopping 7000 acres total, so you'll definitely be kept busy.  Guessing they grow more spuds than cereals though.

post-566-132639839537_thumb.jpg

Must be some fleet of machinery  :of  particularly with that area of potatoes etc - what tractors do they run? (apologies for going of the harvest post)

they run 2 main fleets of tractors , a team of john deeres and a team of new hollands. new hollands are mainly T6090's, T7030's & T7040's. the deeres are 6830,6930, 7430 and 7530 premiums. they have a big case quadtrac and some other kit, case, masseys, claas

here fleet is massive, well over 50 tractors, looking at equipment and trailers, im not quite sure how much they have, all i know is its a massive number and the value is something unthinkable

they also have 2 brand new john deere 8345R'S and a john deere 8530

they'd need all those for the amount of spuds they grow - when I still lived at home and was on nights we'd always pass loads of tractors with trailers full bound for Abbots Moor.  They did the fields they used to rent near where I lived with tatties one of the years.  They arrived at around 8pm in the evening to start and were gone when I got up the next morning.

Were looking at Monday the 11th of june or so gradually getting everything ready in the next week so as much sleep as possible before Challenger or T7.270 become my second home chasing combines with cultivation's

Were looking at Monday the 11th of june or so gradually getting everything ready in the next week so as much sleep as possible before Challenger or T7.270 become my second home chasing combines with cultivation's

well that was 19 days ago ;D

July?

came back from my mothers earlier, and on the hill overlooking plymouth there was a class?? working, the fields looked very yellow for a week or two now, cant see what model it is, as its to far away across the valley to see, but last season they had a lexion 570 montana