On the road with a Agricultural Engineer

BK741

I think they come like that from new Paul  :P:D :D

Nice pictures... thanks for posting.... I want a 1260 now... they look kind of cute

Thank you.

The MF 1260 has only done 600 hours! Looks a tidy tractor now its been washed off. I was surprised when you are driving it, it doesn't feel small with plenty of room in the cab.

She is for sale! ;D

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Been working on this Liebheer L538 2 plus 1 loading shovel today  :)

2 MLT 741 120 LSU powershift just been traded in. 8 months old and 1000 hours. Old boy been tidying paint work up.

3 Even have to use computers on Manitous now this is  P.A.D which talks to all latest Manitous, lives in my van.

post-3217-13263986394_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639863961_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639864027_thumb.jpg

I didn't think anyone was having problems with the new SLI's!! ;D

Out of the ten MLT's we sold between November and April 2011 there was only one I have not re-calibrated. We had Manitous delivered with faulty axle strain gauges or failed well being delivered to farm a nightmare!

Speaking to our Manitou area service manager on Friday any strain gauge with date code after April 2011 are a new type so we shouldn't get any more problems. The last few we sold seam to be going OK, time will tell!

1 Broken down MLA 628 120 Lsu

2 Driver waiting for me to repair the MLA

3 Good hydraulics but no drive. Oh dear shaft not turning out of hyd pump with engine running.

4.Find shaft sheared.

post-3217-132639865287_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639865327_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1326398654_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639865439_thumb.jpg

Plenty going on then. Is that yourselves doing the head gasket or was that something on a farm somewhere?

Little Cocker looks quite happy to have a broken down Manitou, looks more than comfortable where he is!!

Plenty going on then. Is that yourselves doing the head gasket or was that something on a farm somewhere?

Little Cocker looks quite happy to have a broken down Manitou, looks more than comfortable where he is!!

No the Ford was tucked away in a customers workshop being done by 'man in a van' I only work on the Manitou.

Any Deutz combines out there on your patch, Ben? Not something I see much of, especially later models sort of 90's up to the present day.

We have sold a few over the years and use to look after a lot but over the years they have been traded in for bigger combines or sold. We sold a new 60 series combine to a farm near Burton on Trent last year. In 1999 we soled a DF 8XL combine which at the time was the biggest straw walker machine available. After two seasone of constant breakdowns (Lucky if it ran two hours a day!!) SDF gave the farmer his money back and he brought a Lexion!

Archived