On the road with a Agricultural Engineer

BK741

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i work for a main dealer selling manitou  and have nebver come  across one of these

what is it looks compact with big  lift?

Not many of these in the UK! It is a MVT 665T so 6 meter and 6.5ton lift. Perkins 100hp fastram engine and hydrostatic drive. About the same size as a MLT 845/940 but unbelievable lift and pushing power. Made by Manitou in Italy.

I had a few problems with the electrics and hyd leaks, the lift ram (one big one) had to be changed. Main trouble was trying to keep the engine cool fitted a bigger core radiator in the end. The photo rely does not do the machine justice! This one was owned by Frontier Agricultural and changed for a Liebheer L524 loading shovel two years ago. Now lives in south Africa.

I think Hessles still have one or two.

Who do you work for?

Quality. A topic with loads of Deutz at last!!! I have a little experience in a Mk III 165 and it has had a lasting impression on me, if I had the work. .. I'd want a Deutz. I was at Rollason Engineering last week in Warwickshire and the governor there was telling me about the latest tractors and hi unbiased view (of course!) that they were truly exceptional tractors although a bit pricey and not everyone's cup of tea in terms of cab layout and styling. He also mentioned the little matter of a TTV and the fuel figures  :of Sounded pretty impressive. I think he said he became an agent in 2005 and in this time has not done a head gasket, a set of brakes or had to split a Deutz.

Quality. A topic with loads of Deutz at last!!! I have a little experience in a Mk III 165 and it has had a lasting impression on me, if I had the work. .. I'd want a Deutz. I was at Rollason Engineering last week in Warwickshire and the governor there was telling me about the latest tractors and hi unbiased view (of course!) that they were truly exceptional tractors although a bit pricey and not everyone's cup of tea in terms of cab layout and styling. He also mentioned the little matter of a TTV and the fuel figures  :of Sounded pretty impressive. I think he said he became an agent in 2005 and in this time has not done a head gasket, a set of brakes or had to split a Deutz.

Thanks! Deutz are good tractors and give very few problems I have never done a head gasket or brakes. We have had to replace a handful of clutches over the years manly down to abuse! I think Deutz Fahr and SDF will be pushing the TTV tractors a lot over the next few years now they have a full range.

I haven't seen Charlie Rollason for a few years but he knows what he's on about.

Thanks! Deutz are good tractors and give very few problems I have never done a head gasket or brakes. We have had to replace a handful of clutches over the years manly down to abuse! I think Deutz Fahr and SDF will be pushing the TTV tractors a lot over the next few years now they have a full range.

I haven't seen Charlie Rollason for a few years but he knows what he's on about.

Cheers mate, lottery ticket for me tomorrow I reckon. ... Quite like that X710  :of :of But I'll settle for a 180 - 200hp with TTV  :)

Cheers mate, lottery ticket for me tomorrow I reckon. ... Quite like that X710  :of :of But I'll settle for a 180 - 200hp with TTV  :)

I would have a DF 630 TTV. A great tractor. 8)

post-3217-132639835629_thumb.jpg

I would have a DF 630 TTV. A great tractor. 8)

ahhh i'd have a DX 6.30................ proper tractor  ;)  enjoyed many a day on one of those  :) :)

some nice pics there mate like the X710 , bit of a beastie  :) 

ahhh i'd have a DX 6.30................ proper tractor  ;)  enjoyed many a day on one of those  :) :)

some nice pictures there mate like the X710 , bit of a beastie  :)

Thanks!

DX a bit before my time! ;D

X710 and X720 are beast's. Got a picture of a X720 split having a leaking turbo clutch fixed on PDI! Hell of a thing to split.

Thanks!

DX a bit before my time! ;D

X710 and X720 are beast's. Got a picture of a X720 split having a leaking turbo clutch fixed on PDI! Hell of a thing to split.

you'd be surprise how many people still operate them on front line work, a farm i deliver to still does all the foraging ,ploughing,drilling, with a pair of 6.30's & an older DX120  they're not to everyones tastes but those who have them keep them for years !

although a bit like MF they had a few wilderness years & sales dropped alarmingly & a dealership shakeup didn't help but they're making a comeback with units here & there

ok not this particular one but would easily make my top 5 the Deutz 6.30

omj7Small.jpg

you'd be surprise how many people still operate them on front line work, a farm i deliver to still does all the foraging ,ploughing,drilling, with a pair of 6.30's & an older DX120  they're not to everyones tastes but those who have them keep them for years !

although a bit like MF they had a few wilderness years & sales dropped alarmingly & a dealership shakeup didn't help but they're making a comeback with units here & there

ok not this particular one but would easily make my top 5 the Deutz 6.30

omj7Small.jpg

We took on Deutz Fahr not long before the Agrotron range was brought out. We did sell two DF Agrostar 6.08's which have long since gone. We also had a DF 6.38 as a hire tractor with full powewrshift gearbox. As no one had had the franchise before in the area there are only a few DX's about but don't have anything to do with them.

Deutz Fahr and SDF have in my opinion lost there way big time ten years ago and lost a lot of dealers, But as you say they are on the up.

That's exactly what Charlie Rollason said too. He reckoned the first Agrotrons were one of the worst tractors on the market at that time and set Deutz back big time. Definitely coming back up the field by the sound of things though.

You get to see a lot of kit around the places you go mate. Old and new, a nice mix. Nice couple of old Fords on show there  :)

The Ford Tw15 is in very good condtion and is well looked after. The farm has two Ford 7810 a TM and 60 series, A Thrid 7810 was traded in for a Manitou last year.

Archived