On the road with a Agricultural Engineer

BK741

1 Liebherr L538 with 'banging' noise from rear axle, striped off transfer box and axle trumpets

2 Found pinion bearing collapsed and damaged pinion and crown wheel

3 Broken bearing

4 Axle striped out

post-3217-132639898496_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639898537_thumb.jpg

post-3217-13263989857_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639898623_thumb.jpg

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on my way up to half inch that 630!  :of8)

Please do!!

Been having transmission problems, kangaroo's up the field when using the cultivator and it has a CVT gearbox. I have done more field work with it the last seven days then the customer has! ;D

Hope I have sorted now with several re calibrations and oil and filter change.

• 1 month later...

As of the beginning of September RES Tractors Ltd have been appointed New Holland dealers!

I am sad to be finishing with Deutz Fahr as on the whole they have been very good tractors but you struggle to sell them. The bosses son has come into the business and moving to NH will help build a stronger tractor customer base. We will be keeping Manitou (Yippie!) and Welger balers.

Our new demo tractor has arrived a NH T7-210 autopower but it has been out on demos for the last two weeks so have not been able to photograph it yet. Already sold four tractors.

First tractor arrived to day NH T5050 (same as TL90A) with a DF 85 traded in, hope the NH is as relable.

So busy few months head during the change over will need some new stickers for the van!!

post-3217-132639948934_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey mate,great topic,i have a question though:

What are employment prospects like in the industry?

Ive applied to my local agricultural college for such a course,in fact ive an interview on wednesday,and i would just like to know would i be able to get a job at the end of it?

The course is a level 3 national diploma in land based technology

Cheers!

Hey mate,great topic,i have a question though:

What are employment prospects like in the industry?

Ive applied to my local agricultural college for such a course,in fact ive an interview on wednesday,and i would just like to know would i be able to get a job at the end of it?

The course is a level 3 national diploma in land based technology

Cheers!

Thanks!

There is a shortage of agricultural engineers as less and less people are willing to do the job. Long, unsociable hours, working outside in all weathers, stress, and heavy dirty work are some of the bad points. Good points being out in the countryside, working on your own, being able to work on lots of different tractors telehanders etc. After fourteen years still enjoying it.

I did a three year appertership level 2 & 3 NVQ. So I was employed from day one so didn’t have go and look for a job after I had finished my course.

Have you spoken to any dealers to see if they will sponsor you through collage? Any chance of an apprentership? Most major manufactures JD, Class, JCB.MF etc. have set up their own appertership programmes with collages so dealer apprentice’s get very good training.

Good look with your interview.

Ben

Archived