On the road with a Agricultural Engineer

BK741

I work as a mobile agricultural Engineer for a Manitou and Deutz Fahr main dealer. Thought I would keep my camera in the van in case I see something of interest.

So the first photos are of my service van Fiat Ducato 120 which I have had since February 2011

The shot of the back of the van so you know who you are following! No moonlighting in this van! (Last photo you can see my old van top l/h)

post-3217-132639829888_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639829948_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639830001_thumb.jpg

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the start of a great topic Ben, what model is the Claas Dommy in the first picture?  :P

Class Dominator 86 which we took in as a part exchange for Manitou! Was loaded up for a trip to its new home in Poland last Monday.

1 DF 150 & KRM combi drill does all the drilling and nothing else but had to fit front linkage to keep the front down!

2 MF1200 drives the grain dryer and no he wont sell I have asked him!  :'(

3 MF and hedge cutter.

post-3217-132639830753_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639830792_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639830857_thumb.jpg

Class Dominator 86 which we took in as a part exchange for Manitou! Was loaded up for a trip to its new home in Poland last Monday.

Cheers ben, odd part ex isnt it?  :P  wouldnt fancy combining with a manitou  :-\ ;D

Thanks

I Think the dryer is a Opico.

oh deere Opico  :-\

Cheers ben, odd part ex isnt it?  :P  wouldnt fancy combining with a manitou  :-\ ;D

You do get some odd ones, we had some one trade in a tractor for a mower  ;D

Yes it was a odd part ex but wasnt the frist combine we have had part ex for a Manitou. A couple of years ago we had a New Holland TF42 in.

Looks like a topic to keep an eye on thanks for posting and keep up the good work. Like the Fergie on the hedge cutter too. What was it - looks like a 675?

Thanks!

Yes I think it was a MF 675

good topic excellent career path i was on the road as engineer for main dealership , dedicated jcb dealership agricultural and construction, then for a large construction company and on rail equipment. loads of vareity and responsibility.

good topic excellent career path i was on the road as engineer for main dealership , dedicated jcb dealership agricultural and construction, then for a large construction company and on rail equipment. loads of vareity and responsibility.

I been an engineer for thirteen years now and love it most days! The work is moving away from clutch replacement's and engine rebuilds and is more electrical and computer diagnostics. We are having to travel further to customers which suits me as I hate being in the workshop and avoid sending machines in If I can help it.

Some photos of bread and butter servicing jobs.

post-3217-132639831943_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639831999_thumb.jpg

post-3217-132639832053_thumb.jpg

thats a fair size manitou  must be a big farmer or a grainstore ?and the liebheer looked like it was in a mill too?

She is a MLT 845-120LSU so 8 meter 4.5 ton lift 120HP and load sensing ultra hyd's and is owned by Openfield Agricultural and is used at a grain store.

The Liebheer L524 2plus1 works in one of Frontier Agricultural grain stores.

Archived