MF 860/865 COMBINES

Pete

MF combines never seem to have been all that common around here (well, at least not where I look) but I recall there being a pair of 865's at a farm about 8 miles North of Shrewsbury - these were on an A and a D plate - so possibly the one had been a late registration?  Interestingly, both of these had reg marks issued in Hull!

MF combines never seem to have been all that common around here (well, at least not where I look) but I recall there being a pair of 865's at a farm about 8 miles North of Shrewsbury - these were on an A and a D plate - so possibly the one had been a late registration?  Interestingly, both of these had reg marks issued in Hull!

Most combines when growing up were Class, do remember a MF29 though and a few estates changed to MF40's in the early 90's

Found one for sale on internet think was in france but says its a 1987??

:-[  .. you are correct... 86-87 is the correct answer... I joined the employ of an MF dealer in 1983... it was when I left after harvest in 1986 that I'd seen my first Dronimberg working that year.. I'll take a look in my price lists in a short while... that's one of the quickest ways to date MF's range sold in the UK I always find  :-[

Shall I go and sit on the naughty step  :-[:-[ :-[

:-[  .. you are correct... 86-87 is the correct answer... I joined the employ of an MF dealer in 1983... it was when I left after harvest in 1986 that I'd seen my first Dronimberg working that year.. I'll take a look in my price lists in a short while... that's one of the quickest ways to date MF's range sold in the UK I always find  :-[

Shall I go and sit on the naughty step  :-[:-[ :-[

We'll let you off!  To be honest I thought those Dronningborgs had taken over by the mid 80's - I definitely saw them with 'C' plates, so I'd always thought that D reg 865 was late registered.

• 2 weeks later...

we have an 860 its c reg and has a droningborg table but is about knackered now we're probably looking to change it for next year maybe this year. with a bit of time and money spent on it it would be good for a while yet but it is just so wide and awkward