Britains Pneumatic Seed Drill......

NewHolland2

Last ones that i saw on ebay went for over ?45 if thats any help, seems like they are highly sought after

Thanks Gavin, I had a feeling I'd be looking at that price......I've got one but it's dusty and has done lots of work on the 1/32 farm but is all there and in mint condition if it was given a dust  :D;). I was just curious as I think I'll try and get a MIB one at some point when I've got some spare dosh...... :)

yeah , have to start it sometime soon,got the rams the lot,just no time at mo

I fonly there was more time eh Sean...... :);) ;)

I've got the garden to sort, the Fergie to paint and am working up to bloomin' exams in about 2 and a half months and of course I'll be up lambing soon  :) :) :) :)......ARGH...... :D;) ;)

you whant to work were i do some days they dont realy what you there like today and some days they what you to work from 6:30am to 1am and go so fast that you a like a flash of light on the roads garin carting i dont no if you have ever seen a a tm with 50k box and 16 yon of wheat trying to stop in 2 meters it is not a pretty site i can tell you and my pants were a lot jad the hard part of the deal i can tel you

Why do you guys want the drill to move, they dont on the real thing, theyre just mounted lower and rise up and down with the harrow on the lift.

the few i have seen down here rise seperatlly to the harrow part,? not sure if they all do that ,but sure some one out there knows

the few i have seen down here rise seperatlly to the harrow part,? not sure if they all do that ,but sure some one out there knows

Some drills mount straight onto the power harrow like the Amazone one in my Drilling spring barley topic, others are mounted to the power harrow via a linkage of some description so they can be lifted up seperately, handy on heavy land that needs 2 passes of the power harrow which is why we operate one like this on our heavy land

got any pics then James PLEASE!! ??? ??? ???:-\

I'll have a look tomorrow for you if I get time

Some drills mount straight onto the power harrow like the Amazone one in my Drilling spring barley topic, others are mounted to the power harrow via a linkage of some description so they can be lifted up seperately, handy on heavy land that needs 2 passes of the power harrow which is why we operate one like this on our heavy land

True Gavin but the ones that lift up and down seperataly are known as box drills and are a completely different style to the britans type of drill. As far as doing a conversion based on a Britains model goes, the coulter bar on the real ones are mounted on a paralellogram linkage so that the coulter height can be adjusted using a turnbuckle on either side, but hydraulics would be wrong.

I'll have a look tomorrow for you if I get time

True Gavin but the ones that lift up and down seperataly are known as box drills and are a completely different style to the britans type of drill. As far as doing a conversion based on a Britains model goes, the coulter bar on the real ones are mounted on a paralellogram linkage so that the coulter height can be adjusted using a turnbuckle on either side, but hydraulics would be wrong.

I know most mounted on up and over linkages are box drills but i have seen an Accord pneumatic mounted in such a way using a hydraulic motor to drive the fan, not very common but it has been done

Pulled this off Google image search as an example of what I'm talking about. You can see that the main section including the seed hopper is rigidly attached to the back of the power harrow, and the coulter bar is mounted on a pair of paralellograms, one of which is visible behind the seed pipes going from the hopper to the coulters. the air fan is usually belt driven off the back of the power harrow gearbox

post-22-132638513993_thumb.jpg