Turfan Farm

richie

Hi there, Well the time has come to start a new layout after moving house and and other things going on, I had a long think as too what scale layout I was going to do, 1;32 or 1'87. So looking at the space Ive got 1'87 it is, Cant be bothered to get the 1'32 stuff out of the display cabinets did have a slight bearing on the decision. Here are some photos to show you what the plan of action is going to be,

post-59-132639849375_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639849397_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive started on the fields first so I can get all the fields I need in place and then build the farm around them if you know what I mean, Iam trying to get in a silage, ploughing come baling straw and a corn field in,

post-59-132639849407_thumb.jpg

I have ogled over every topic and photo you have posted on FTF, Richie. I am very pleased to see another topic and a new layout in the planning and construction stage from you.  :) :) :)

Looking brilliant already I might add.

Thanks everyone for your feed back,

Yes you are right Paulali trying to do all this in 1:32 would take a bit more room , Ha alot more.    The village scene does make it look different Lady Ferguson,When I put it up I did wounder if it would look ok against a corn field, Thanks for that Deere-est Iam pleased you are enjoying my post. Well Tractorman810 the plan is to make the silage fields on a gentle slope down towards the road, And for the rest of the layout I haven't got that far yet.         

Got this field done tonight, I think the quote here is Not that Iam pushing you's to get the field baled and cleared so I can get this field ploughed and sown before the weather breaks,

post-59-132639852706_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639852712_thumb.jpg

richie,as i know nothing about 1,87 scale,does this mean you can use hornby scale buildings etc or is hornby a different scale alltogether,its just that all the tractors and combines look great for that scale,any info would be welcome,who makes the agri equipment?thanks again

Last two for a while. Just a little experiment, a before and after shot, The after shot is of trying to get the wet soil look, Water dries out after a while so Ive tried using wd40, mmmmm, not too sure if it was a good idea.

post-59-132639852729_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639852737_thumb.jpg

Yes Paulali you can use Hornby stuff, 1:87 is 00 scale, all the buildings I use are made from card board and are made by metcalfemodels.com , Most of the tractors are siku, and the plough and JD and the baler are from wiking, the combines are made by Norscat, There are other makes as well what do 1:87, I would say wiking have the edge for detail. Hope that helps.

Yes Paulali you can use Hornby stuff, 1:87 is 00 scale, all the buildings I use are made from card board and are made by metcalfemodels.com , Most of the tractors are siku, and the plough and JD and the baler are from wiking, the combines are made by Norscat, There are other makes as well what do 1:87, I would say wiking have the edge for detail. Hope that helps.

thankyou very much richie,thats a great help

• 3 weeks later...

echo what tris said , you do a scale for us that is more comonly left as a gap filler for the model railway enthusiasts  :)

although small as it is ,as thomas found out this scale can turn into a money drain just like 1/32 surprising where it all goes sometimes ,

just like the previous 1/87 brilliant  :) :)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, it is a bit of a shame Tris, I would be able to put names to faces meeting you all at the shows.    You are right there MJB1 Ive been looking to change some of the siku ones for the more detailed Wiking and Schuco and the price of some of them, Bit of a shock. Here is a few more photos for yous.

post-59-132639882317_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639882325_thumb.jpg

Archived