Turfan Farm

richie

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, it is a bit of a shame Tris, I would be able to put names to faces meeting you all at the shows.    You are right there MJB1 Ive been looking to change some of the siku ones for the more detailed Wiking and Schuco and the price of some of them, Bit of a shock. Here is a few more photos for yous.

the machinery wasn't the shocker it was the scenics !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the machinery wasn't the shocker it was the scenics !

Ha yes sorry, What can I say!!! Thats why I only use clag clue cause its easy to remove the scenics to reuse them. I looked at a digital print for the back ground and they wanted $50(33 pounds) so I did the sky myself and cut the old paper prints I had out and stuck them on and it hasn't turned out too bad. So I know where you are coming from MJB1.

• 3 weeks later...

At last I've got the building layout done, Ive had the buildings this way and that trying to get it the way I was happy with, here are some photos to show how far I've got, next stage is fix gates in place and silage pit and trees.

post-59-132639905467_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639905475_thumb.jpg

Signed the underlined like Paul said! Super smashing great. It's a huge marvel of tiny scale. ...  Just like myself I might add  ;):laugh:

Don't you mean large scale then for you ;):D

Nice setup indeed

• 1 month later...

Just a few update photos before I head off to the uk for a couple of weeks, Might even find time to call into some model shops!!!!,    I bought another shed for the layout the one opposite the silage pit with the gates on.

post-59-132639957581_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639957586_thumb.jpg

Nice! Is it just an optical illusion or is that a sloped hill that the tractor with the hayrake is on?

Yep it is a sloped hill with the rake on, The hillside is made with metal mesh and bent into shape.

Yep it is a sloped hill with the rake on, The hillside is made with metal mesh and bent into shape.

Nice idea, simple to do yet you'd never guess it. Had a look through the entire topic earlier and it looks like a great layout you have going so far. The little things like land contours that really add to the whole scene. Looking forward to what's next!

Just looking back through this wonderful topic and I have one criticism - why no trains? ::)

I noticed that you had a model railway in the background and one of my ambitions (although in Gauge 1, which is the railway equivalent of 1:32 scale) is to have a model railway running alongside a farm layout. I think a railway embankment running through a field being harvested would look fab - and (I would think) easier to do in 1/87 scale :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there really like your farm how did YOu do your plow seen and also what do YOu use for silage and straw .

Hi swifty the plough scene is just dark red sand with a broken bit of comb to make the furrows, then I used wd40 to get the wet soil look, water dries out very quickly. The silage is just grass scatter and you can get it from any good model shop,ie hollylovestoys.com.The straw is just cut off a coir mat and cut up to a smaller size to go with the scale.

Modified for Text Talk!!

Just looking back through this wonderful topic and I have one criticism - why no trains? ::)

I noticed that you had a model railway in the background and one of my ambitions (although in Gauge 1, which is the railway equivalent of 1:32 scale) is to have a model railway running alongside a farm layout. I think a railway embankment running through a field being harvested would look fab - and (I would think) easier to do in 1/87 scale :)

Thanks for everyone's response, Yes Lady Ferguson a railway is going to be in the layout, Iam just still in the planning stage of where goes where and what :-

• 1 year later...

just little update on this layout, better late than never, well its no longer, My 8 year old Daughter had a go on a friends quad and the next thing a Raptor 90 needed a home ie my shed so the whole layout had to go So I thought might as well join her and my Raptor needed a home so the only place left to do some sort of Diorama was some shelves in the model room, will take some photos soon, Things we do for the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :  :

Archived