Some 80's/90's scanned photos

CX820Joe

Have spent ages trying to set up a new printer/scanner and finally got it sorted, and found a few old prints I thought I'd share.  The first two are the very first combine photos I ever took, I think c1985/86 and are not exactly David Bailey quality, but are of 2 of Contractor John Roberts' NH 8060's in the same field

post-566-132639855326_thumb.jpg

post-566-1326398554_thumb.jpg

Some more combines:

1) JC/MW Suckley's Dominator 106 working at Bagley around 1991

2) An MF 440 captured near Haughton, Shropshire c1994

3) the last Dominator 85 I saw in the flesh, at Rowton, on the Shrewsbury - Welshpool road (from about 2003)

post-566-132639855454_thumb.jpg

post-566-132639855504_thumb.jpg

post-566-132639855613_thumb.jpg

Oh I just adore old photos...keep them coming.

1st Post - is that a David Brown carting off ???

2nd Post - Nice looking Dommy 85 in 2003 - I wonder where it is /  what it looks like today ???

Oh I just adore old photos...keep them coming.

1st Post - is that a David Brown carting off ???

2nd Post - Nice looking Dommy 85 in 2003 - I wonder where it is /  what it looks like today ???

Very well spotted - the farm that owned the land had all DB's at the time, and salop trailers for the grain.  I believe there is the ruins of one of the newer DB's still in the farm yard to this day.

I keep looking for the 85 whenever my travels take me along that way, not seen it since though

Very well spotted - the farm that owned the land had all DB's at the time, and salop trailers for the grain.  I believe there is the ruins of one of the newer DB's still in the farm yard to this day.

I keep looking for the 85 whenever my travels take me along that way, not seen it since though

Thanks keep a look out for the ruins of any DB's for the hedge row and forgotten friends topic as well ;) ;)

Good pictures always like to see how it used to be done when classics now where proper machines!

Whys the Fiat 1000DT one of your favorite tractors?

that farmer at the time had a really interesting fleet - 3 Leyland 270's, Leyland/Marshall 802, Marshall 802 and 804, Deutz DX120 and DX6.30 and the Fiat; it was the oldest tractor in the fleet and I'd never seen one before (or since for that matter) and it was always a real beast, even though it seemed to end its days working the Kaweco irrigator