Loading Straw

jdc

nice pics jdc , deer-est is right we see a fair few loads heading cornwall way but loads of  round balesare getting more & more scarce i think the biggest haulier round my way would be Michael Pidsley ,he runs 6 volvo FH 12 6wheeler & drags & 2 FH12 artics out from honiton .

72 bales eh ? thats good going as my old set up only had 64 all up,but i never had an over cab frame .

were those kept back for winter sale ?  do you do any small bales jdc ?

nice pics jdc , deer-est is right we see a fair few loads heading cornwall way but loads of  round balesare getting more & more scarce i think the biggest haulier round my way would be Michael Pidsley ,he runs 6 volvo FH 12 6wheeler & drags & 2 FH12 artics out from honiton .

72 bales eh ? thats good going as my old set up only had 64 all up,but i never had an over cab frame .

were those kept back for winter sale ?  do you do any small bales jdc ?

yeah thats true marcus,not a big grain growing area down cornwall,so they do tend to ship in,seen lorry from as far as suffolk / norfolk down here in sept/oct loaded up

The straw is barley straw I just bale and fill a couple of sheds with (about 900 bales) then sell at this time of year, usually makes a little cash. Most of it goes across to the west coast (I'm on the East) about 130 miles.

The wagon is an owner operator who deals in straw at this time of year and he's got a DAF which is getting a bit hard up!

(Pic for mjb  ;) )

Don't do any small bales I'm afraid........the gear gave up years ago and I didn't replace it, just went on to rounds.

The 526 (dare I say it) has been v. good, just a couple of hub seals and a water pump, and now at 4800 hrs.

Lab has a real flair for being in the wrong place at wrong time  ;D

post-300-132638514572_thumb.jpg

Can't say I recognise that old bus mate. Does look well used mind. The others are right about the bales, look fresh as a daisy.

Ere MJ, that Pidsley bloke... you seen one of his old wagons about? It's an M reg FH12 6 wheeler with triaxle drawbar. The bloke that has it now has it in the same red and white colouring but has a cab-over rack fitted now. He is from Guildford way but comes to Howards every year for hay for Wales, then backloads wood shavings bales home. Paul Chivers (Chivvy) is the driver, always wears a Man City shirt!!

not many peole other than horse person like the little ones to much cost in man hours and not enuth in money so not many peole have them these days as the 4ft square bales are cheaper to do cost less to move and are easyer one tractor and trailer to clear a feild rather than one tractor and 5 men to stack and do me and my dad run a welgar d 4000 and a mchale 998 which is down at cambrige at the mo

i've seen a few ex MP wagons about deer-est, still look good although it's a shame he doesn't get some better sign writing or better stickers & a bit of coach lining would be nice  seeing as they're all bought new , if yer going to pay that much for a new outfit it would be nice to see it finished.