Classic Tractor - September 2011

I am the editor and I decide what editorial goes into the magazine, within reason, but I am not the one who owns the title, buys the paper or pays the bills! The paper and binding decisions are made 200 miles from me at Sundial Magazines' HQ in Kent.

R D

I know I keep saying it, but I really must subscribe...I am green with envy at you guys who get it early!

That's why I subscribed Joe, (subscription was a Christmas gift from the parents, and is now ongoing each year)

I am the editor and I decide what editorial goes into the magazine, within reason, but I am not the one who owns the title, buys the paper or pays the bills! The paper and binding decisions are made 200 miles from me at Sundial Magazines' HQ in Kent.

R D

I understand that yes but I think you still have a lot of imput into getting the magazine together as you are in touch with the readers more than Sundial are? At least I hope!

R D

Its the best tractor mag by far. Have not missed an issue. Keep up the good work. Id love if ye did a feature on the overlooked little Ford 4000,4600 & 4610 tough. My fav tractors of all time. Im always counting down the days till it hits the shelfs. ;):) :)

Niels,

You are correct in what you say, the point I was making was that it's not my call on things like the binding, the number of pages, the quality of the paper or the cover price, etc. Sure, I have an opinion and can pass on comments that I get from the readers, but getting involved with the economics, etc is not part of my job.

Regards

R Day

Hi Niels,

I think it's part of the long-term plan. Once you have committed to going perfect bound, I think you've got to stick with it. We'll see how it turns out.

Regards

Rory

I hoped this was the case with TAFT but that idea soon went out the window, top work and good luck!

Niels,

You are correct in what you say, the point I was making was that it's not my call on things like the binding, the number of pages, the quality of the paper or the cover price, etc. Sure, I have an opinion and can pass on comments that I get from the readers, but getting involved with the economics, etc is not part of my job.

Regards

R Day

Do you think prices of paper will rise further and eventually up the sales price as well or has the market stabilised now?