John Deere 131 Front Mower Conversion.

Im using a Siku JD 7530 to take this front mower along with the Britains JD 535 rear mower. I had to modify the front linkage on the tractor. I used a front linkage from my IMBER FORD 5640  trimed to fit & painted  both linkage & Mower using JD paint from the spray can.IMG_0557.jpg

• 1 month later...

very good keep the excellent work coming

Thank you Brian. Its only now i realised your the guy with the very impressive collection on July/August issue of Model Farmer mag. If i could build my JD 545 mower like your 1365 ,it would finsh this off nicely . ;D Enjoyed reading about your collection. Keep up the good work with your JD conversions. ;)

Thank you Brian. Its only now i realised your the guy with the very impressive collection on July/August issue of Model Farmer mag. If i could build my JD 545 mower like your 1365 ,it would finsh this off nicely . ;D Enjoyed reading about your collection. Keep up the good work with your JD conversions. ;)

hi justin i wish i could build models like yourself i only tackle the easy jobs at the moment and the 1365 is a bor model who is on the forum here , the best scratchbuilder that i met by chance and is now a very good friend , i have more deere`s coming over the winter

keep your collection growing

brian

hi justin i wish i could build models like yourself i only tackle the easy jobs at the moment and the 1365 is a bor model who is on the forum here , the best scratchbuilder that i met by chance and is now a very good friend , i have more deere`s coming over the winter

keep your collection growing

brian

Look forward to seeing them. Im only wishing & hopping Britains or UH will do an 80's era JD 2140,3050 or 3650 in 1/32 sometime in the future.  Would love one. At the moment im only tidying up a few old Britains tractors with the help of parts from Dave Towse. Cheeres. 

Look forward to seeing them. Im only wishing & hopping Britains or UH will do an 80's era JD 2140,3050 or 3650 in 1/32 sometime in the future.  Would love one. At the moment im only tidying up a few old Britains tractors with the help of parts from Dave Towse. Cheeres.

i agree would love to see a high detail 40/50 series made in my view by wiking but ertl would be the most likelry as they have the casting for the original sg2 deere and the stock 66 deere oh and the biggy a licence to produce john deere models so can only keep the fingers crossed

i agree would love to see a high detail 40/50 series made in my view by wiking but ertl would be the most likelry as they have the casting for the original sg2 deere and the stock 66 deere oh and the biggy a licence to produce john deere models so can only keep the fingers crossed

Yeah Ertl are producing some fine 80''s era JDs alright,but in the wrong scale for me unfortunetly1/16. Like yourself id love to see more 1/32s from them. Cause to buy a conversion can be hard on the pocket.

Yeah why are the custom John Deere models so dear (excuse the pun) The ones I have seen don't really appear that much more detailed and those PDC ones seem pretty expensive, though having not seen one up close I could be mistaken??

I got me a plow city JD monster recently which for an Ertl is very high detail and of course 1:32 scale  ;)

• 5 months later...

I have one of those tim mowers myself and want to do something with it. Was it a hard conversion?

It was tricky. Most of the added parts like the lift arms on the mower etc were cut from old airfix kits that i had leftover bits on & trimed to shape.