Westpoint Toy Fair Exeter August 7 2011

PDH

There is another Toy Fair at Westpoint next Sunday.

This is likely to be the last Toy Fair at this venue. Talking to the promoter yesterday the hire fees for Westpoint have increased again and are now at the point where the Fair is no longer viable. A new venue has been found and currently the first Fair at the new venue will be in November.

The new venue is Haldon Racecourse on the A38 towards Plymouth. Its about 5 mile away from Westpoint. Beware some magazines are advertising the August 7 Fair is at Haldon, it isn't!!

Haldon is just across the valley from me looking East, can hear the lodspeakers on a race day when the wind is in the right direction or no wind at all. The monthly Devon Antiques fair that was held at Westpoint have moved to Matford auction market for the same reason, getting too expensive, greed, pure greed.

nice

so wots the address for the one at westpoint as i am that way on sunday  :P  please

Westpoint is one mile from junction 30 of the M5.

For Westpoint, exit the M5 at junction 30 and follow the A3052 Sidmouth road for one mile. Westpoint is on your left hand side.For satellite navigation please use EX5 1DJ or Oil Mill Lane (this road is opposite the main entrance).

Today was the last Westpoint Toy Fair. A bit sad really but it had become too expensive to hire the hall for the event to continue.

Any way the good news is there will now be two largish toy fairs in Exeter. They are run by different people so there may be a variation in stall holders.

One is at Matford where the cattle market is and the other is at Haldon Race course. The first Matford Fair is 12th November and by pure coincidence the first Haldon Fair is 13th November.

Today was the last Westpoint Toy Fair. A bit sad really but it had become too expensive to hire the hall for the event to continue.

this is a shame as it looks a good place and a nice venue easy to get to and loads of parking

Any way the good news is there will now be two largish toy fairs in Exeter. They are run by different people so there may be a variation in stall holders.

One is at Matford where the cattle market is and the other is at Haldon Race course. The first Matford Fair is 12th November and by pure coincidence the first Haldon Fair is 13th November.

keep us informed peter never know when i am down that way

Two the same weekend eh! have to start saving hard now.

Here are my today's purchases.

First is a boxed early Britains Farmyard 4711. In near mint condition and missing a few bits but these I have most of in my spares bin so will be able to complete it. With it was a litre ice cream tub of Britains animals.

BritainsFarmyard.jpg

This is what was in the ice cream tub minus the two Herald Highland cattle and lying Jersey calf which I bought seperately.

Animals.jpg

Third item, the new Haynes Ferguson T20 book. An interesting Ferguson T20 history book with loads of pictures, nothing alike their normal manuals, it's a totally different animal. Marky would love this one!

HaynesT20Book.jpg

Lastly, of which I consider to be my best buy of today was this lead Britains 'Boy on a swing'. Absoluteley mint and rare to find.

BoyOnSwing.jpg

The 4711 set Bill first appears in the 1970 Britains catalogue listed and pictured as 'a new complete model farmyard'. I knew this was an early one being in a plain cardboard box with the large stick-on picture.

The Haynes T20 book, like I say, is not their traditional type of repair manual like their car ones, more of a history of the tractor and the story of it.

Nice buys Tim, I saw the farmyard set, I had one identical to that when I was abuout 4 or 5, think its still in my mum & dads loft  :-\  There was a fair bit of older britains animals etc about today. I like the T20 book, nearly bought the Spitfire one myself  :)