Lord Ferguson

Question

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thought as this was methods and tips I would post my method for making the beams - FOR WHEN YOU CAST YOUR OWN DRUMS AND MAKE YOUR OWN BRARERS  :D :D :D - Just kidding - Ooooo get you...

Anyway folks - I routed a Channel to fit the bearer size (which is 5mm) in a gash piece of wood... then used a 20mm holesaw mounted in the pillar drill to just nick the edge of the wood to make the shaped piece - then it's a simple job to cut, turn, cut turn, cut turn... you get the idea I'm sure... pallet was just 3 strips of 3mm square (same as spud boxes) and the pallet strips are 1/8th x 1/16th strips (same as trailer flatbed)... I hope you haven't been boared stiff reading this... I just have this idea that it might be nice to see others methods or tips when making things - saves re-inventing the wheel each time we all do something....

Zzzzzzzzzzz - Oi you boys wake up - I've finished  ;D::)

post-292-132638514559_thumb.jpg

The red paint is a long story.... but lets just say this... Red quick drying Humbrol and resin don't like to mix  :-\

I was into woodturning for some time before Ben got me hooked on this stuff... the naughty boy... I was quite happy turning bowls, salt pots and table lamps before he came along... in fact that reminds me - Anyone want to a wood lathe  ???;D ;D ;D - No seriously  ;)

I also had a quad and a collection of Motocross bikes which have all had to go now  :'( :'( :'(