How do your keep your literature collection NOW with a Poll added too !

How many pieces in your collection ??? - approximately  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How many pieces in your collection ??? - approximately

• Only a few... lets say less than 50
    • Between 50 and 100
    • 101 to 500
    • 501 to 1000
    • 1001 to 2000
    • 2001 to 3000
    • 3001 to 4000
    • 4001 to 5000
    • I am too greedy to enter this poll as I have MORE than 5000 brochures

They were only printed for export offices around the world mate... not really for UK use.. no 'regular dealer' would have one that's for sure. Most don't even know that they ever existed

They only produced them for a few years in a book type format.. and I suspect less than 100-200 or so were made each time ... I've got them all... well.. at least I think I have...

1970 - 2 volumes

1972 - I've got 2 out of 3 volumes sadly  :-[

1975/76

I also have a 1986 folder version which is ultra rare... never seen or heard of another. Friends of Ferguson Heritage don't have any in their archives, but they have borrowed an ex-employee's copy (not sure what year) which is available through their site, all be it in VERY low resolution. I know of 4 other WWC copy holders... Mr Day being one of them (I think he's got 1980)... John Farnworth has them all... except the 1986... and I think it's the same for John Sellers.. John Loud, another ex-MF employee has at least one version too I believe. They also produced some smaller A5 'export machine' books... 1986 and 1972... both of which I also have... 86 is a book type... 92 is wirobound like an operators manual. The national archives in Reading have one or two WWC's as well... but not all of them. So in short... i consider myself very luck to own any of them.

I picked mine up from various sources... Spencer Ham of Agrimanuals (had to really twist his arm to let the 1982 one go !)... John Farnworth (had to convince him I was a 'serious' collector first... almost like sitting an exam  :D ).. John Sellers (thanks to an introduction from Rory... Gaud bless him  :-* ) and, of course... good old FleaBay... the 1972 version is missing one volume (it's 3 and I've got vols 1 and 3... missing 2) .. that was found down the back of a filing cabinet at Park Farm, Stonleigh where MF farmed and tested with their machines... most of the UK brochure shots are taken at Park Farm.

If you ever see on come up on eBay... get it - they are so rare, most collectors don't even know of their existence, it has been known, on the rare occasions that one comes up, for them to sell quite cheaply. All very strange really - I'm not sure what someone like Stuart Gibard would value them at to sell at a show.. but I suspect it would be a LOT higher than the modest fee's I have bought some for in the past.

I can always bring one to a show if anyone wants to see one  :-\

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blimey, i asumed they were a dealer issue item, so they could buy in ect world wide if requested? what was the purpose of them then?? just a main head office  product list effectivley ???

does anyone know if companys like ford or jd made similar version to then???

Thanks Ronald... I suppose it's all about knowing your subject matter really.... Australian MF stuff is the most 'rare' strictly speaking I guess as they made so few of each one...

How about South-American (Brazil, Argentina etc..) MF brochures?