huish farm

Paul Palmer

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Claas Axion 930 might be worth considering as your front line tractor with 257 - 350 HP that should tick some of the box's.http://www.claas.com/cl-pw/en/products/tractor/axion900/tech_daten/start,bpSite=51524,lang=en_UK.html

Regards

Joe.PS and it's a cracking looking tractor

thanks joe,got my frontline picked,its the 2nd one im struggling with,frontline will be the challenger 765d,read bluegreens review and have seen the model in the flesh

At Oakley we are thinking of changing the jd 8530 for a cat as thinking about soil compaction so be interesting to see how you get on with it, also thinking of changing drills, got a britains vaderstad in pieces to do up but i did like that horsch tiger you had, smart bit of kit, horsch pronto 4mtr is too small and i dont like the ROS horsch either so undecided what to do, will be keeping an eye on this one!

thanks everybody,still cant find a nice 200-250hp run around,jd 6210r got to change the front hitch,mf 7499 or 7624,got to spray the wheels,t7070 so far is one model you dont have to touch,claas axion 850 i suppose,dont know if its the diabetes,but my eyesight is getting worse,so is my patience,that just might be my age!!!!,but i want the second tractor to be usable right out of the box,with no faffing about,i could keep one of my fendt 820's,but they are getting  a bit long in the tooth now,anyway no rush

The Fendt 828 and 724 might also be possibilities then.

You won't regret get a 765D Paul. Its the best Cat of the lot so far. As SPN says why not stick with the Fendts and trade the 820 for a 724? Schuco's correctly painted model looks good, or Wikings 828 if you like a bit more hp? There be a dualled up version soon as well. If you like something smaller you can always opt for UH's Fendt 516.

Do you do it on BIN and get back what you pay give or take a few quid or does it work out a bit of a loss having the change rounds?

no buy it now tris,unless they offer me outside of ebay ,which sometimes happens,and it varies,some models i have sold and think are you nuts i wouldnt pay that others even money,others a loss,so i would say slightly up on the whole thing tris

At Oakley we are thinking of changing the jd 8530 for a cat as thinking about soil compaction so be interesting to see how you get on with it, also thinking of changing drills, got a britains vaderstad in pieces to do up but i did like that horsch tiger you had, smart bit of kit, horsch pronto 4mtr is too small and i dont like the ROS horsch either so undecided what to do, will be keeping an eye on this one!

i would like to stick to vaderstad this time alex,i cant see many estates buying a topdown and then getting a different make of drill,im sure some farms do but not many,and here is the problem,the britains 6 metre vady is crap,lets be honest,and you wouldnt have a 4 metre mintill with an 8 metre drill,not a good pairing,a superb model by uh,the 8 metre version,perhaps i look at things to much,but i know a vady rep very well and he gives me an idea of what large farms and estates run vady wise,so im really looking at a vady 6 metre,so my choice is to pimp up the britans version,but i dont really want to do that,as i said my eyesight is deteriating,we will see what happens

You won't regret get a 765D Paul. Its the best Cat of the lot so far. As SPN says why not stick with the Fendts and trade the 820 for a 724? Schuco's correctly painted model looks good, or Wikings 828 if you like a bit more hp? There be a dualled up version soon as well. If you like something smaller you can always opt for UH's Fendt 516.

thanks neils,good bit of advice,i do really like the 765d,i did have the 865c and that was a nice bit of kit

i would like to stick to vaderstad this time alex,i cant see many estates buying a topdown and then getting a different make of drill,im sure some farms do but not many,and here is the problem,the britains 6 metre vady is crap,lets be honest,and you wouldnt have a 4 metre mintill with an 8 metre drill,not a good pairing,a superb model by uh,the 8 metre version,perhaps i look at things to much,but i know a vady rep very well and he gives me an idea of what large farms and estates run vady wise,so im really looking at a vady 6 metre,so my choice is to pimp up the britans version,but i dont really want to do that,as i said my eyesight is deteriating,we will see what happens

I have exactly the same thoughts as you! I love vaderstad equipment and have the topdown myself, but like you said the britains rapid to say the least is a bit basic, i was thinking of adding handrails to the steps and platform, spare wheel, marker arms and a fan, the uh 8mtr is just too big for me but great detail, i may buy it and break down for parts

Thats true it is an expensive way of doing it, in a way could do with scrapping the big seed tank and wheels at the front and mounting the britains tank and drawbar on it and cutting the width down to 6 mtrs, not sure if thats possible or would look right but the marker arms and coulters and following harrows with pre em markers are perfect, hmmm difficult one!

• 2 weeks later...

Swear I posted in this the other day. Can't wait for an update Paul rotating the machinery around keeps the topic fresh. As for classics, what about a MF 6290?

well,i dont sell everything,still have a claas lexion 770tt as well,im going to get either a fendt 828 or same sort of hp for the second tractor,a classic,im not sure if i will

Archived