My rag tag collection!

Steve P

Thankyou chaps, though i dont go for mint in box examples i have found some half decent classics.

A few weeks ago for instance a work colleage knowing i collect model tractors told me he had a model that i could have if i wanted it, he was going to throw it away as it was a bit of a wreck so i asked him to bring it into work, i was astonished at the result..

DSCN1160.jpg

It was a very old Britains Ford 5000 super major, it was certainly a wreck though, the front axle was badley bent, both exhaust and air cleaner and seat missing as well as the steering wheel and the rear linkage was broken add to that the model was caked in muck and grime, it was in a real sorry state..

DSCN1162.jpg

I nearly snapped my mates hand off, as it was free to a good home so to speak, after a good clean and a few replacement parts i think the old girl looks ok and with a new Ford sticker above the grill "awaiting delivery" she will be complete, this model by the looks has had a hard life and many years of neglect and almost thrown away as a broken toy!, i feel quite happy that i have in a way saved a 44 year old vintage model. I may get the correct colur seat and steering wheel but i think i will leave the paint job, the paint looks fitting for the models age..

Not sure Justin, ok it looks like its spent the last 20 years or so on hitched to a yard scraper but how many real Ford 5000s ended there days like that, i think its more realisic looking the way it is.

• 1 month later...

I have recently added to my collection,

DSCN1476.jpg

Took delivery of a new Britains Ford 7600 the other week.

DSCN1481.jpg

I am amazed by it, one of my all time favourite tractor ranges and at last what i think the proper cab, Britians have done a exellent job..

DSCN1391.jpg

Added a few more classic Britains models to my collection aswell, got this nice Fiat 90-90 the other week also, its in good condition so im very happy with it.

DSCN1401.jpg

Also i could not resist this almost perfect duel wheeled Massey 595, i had to purchase a replacement exhaust for it, i always wanted one of these when i was a nipper now ive got one!..

DSCN1405.jpg

Another one i couldent resist, this again perfect Fendt was a model i just had to have, i would have prefured a non-flotation model but the price was right for this one...

• 1 year later...

Good grief cant belive its over a year since i posted on here, well after a few months off collecting, moving house and job!! i hope i am excused :) , any road up as i said i am collecting again after a break so to speak, here are some of my lastest fleet additions.

DSC_0797_zpsa3fd4e05.jpg

Got this little MF 135 with loader a few months ago, i can remember as a child this was the first britains model i recived that model was broken and thrown away long ago so this is a nice replacement.

DSC_0800_zpsabb6dcc3.jpg

Again a few months ago i purchased this nice Massey 2680, i was a bit fussy with this model as i wanted the grey wheeled one, so i waited and waited for one to crop up, this one even had its original box.

DSC_0806_zps24b98947.jpg

Again i have been looking for a non stupidly priced same galaxy for ages, at last one came up on ebay..

Also i have added some newer releases

DSC_0803_zps08e5e3ba.jpg

Britains ford 6600 and my recently purchased TW 20,

DSC_0805_zps7b26be23.jpg

I got this UH county a while ago, beautiful model.

DSC_0808_zps86345753.jpg

How about a huge new holland T9, can someone please tell me if the tyres are removable?, as the nsr tyre is on the wrong way round!!, i have tried but its tight and i dont want to break it??.

DSC_0810_zpsa6d77c06.jpg

Finally for now this nice case ih puma, lovely model..

• 4 weeks later...

Here is some of my latest additions to my fleet.

A couple of britains Renaults, not bad for a fiver each!.

DSC_0950_zps2f05c082.jpg

Also got this nice UH mcormick ZTX for just a fiver, bargin!!.

DSC_0952_zpsbf4ed2de.jpg

New britains Ford tw 30, fantastic looking and one of my all time faves.

DSC_0939_zpsfd3dec92.jpg

Ive been waiting for the britains JDs to be released, it was worth the wait, my 3350 is stunning.

DSC_0930_zps8d09492e.jpg

I am so impressed with the new britains releases, keep them coming that's all Ill say..

DSC_0943_zps43838923.jpg

Archived