My rag tag collection!

Steve P

Well its taken me a while to post some pics of my collection, compared to most of yours its small and a bit rag tag to say the least. I am fairly new to this collecting lark though i saved a few models from my childhood and my younger brother gave me a few items that he had when he was younger so my collection is a bit of a mix of new items, a few classics purchased from ebay and some old repaired models i have had for a long time. My collection though is now growing and i will be adding to it all the time, who knows maybe one day i will have a collection similar to the ones i have seen on here!! :of

DSCN4753.jpg

I like all types of tractors, Masseys are one of my faves, I purchased the ertl 3050 new many moons ago!..

DSCN4779.jpg

A few others!!

DSCN4754.jpg

The fiat 880dt is a survivor from my childhood, it needs some new decals though but i like its original play worn appearence..

DSCN4768.jpg

A few John Deeres, love my ertl 6200 and 6410, identical apart from the model number!

DSCN4771.jpg

Some of my Fords, dont mention the 7000s exhaust!! ::)

DSCN4782.jpg

Some more Fords..

DSCN4767.jpg

Valmet and baby Ford.

DSCN4752.jpg

This Mb-trac has been with me for a long time..

DSCN4751.jpg

This big JD is a more recent addition.

DSCN4773.jpg

I cannot belive my old Massey combine has survived all these years.

Thanks folks 8).

Yes Paulali it is indeed a 8295r  i actaully purchased that model at Much Marcle steam rally a few months ago.

Yea the dreaded wheel melt MJB1, i have a few models with that, suprisingly some of my older models that i have had for a long time dont seem to be effected, maybe them being put away in a box and stored in the cool dark attic for well over 10 years hepled, i have got new transfers for my old Fiat, i will get round to putting them on one day..

Im no expert Paulali but the Britains JD 8295r is a very nice looking model with good detail for a Britains. Its a lot of model for the money if you know what i mean.. 8)

Hey Josh, yep it is your old muck thrower, i think its looks good behind my big JD, though who would use a this tractor for muck spreading in reality is open to debate.. :laugh:.. Slege hammer and wasp springs to mind..

DSCN4758.jpg

My TW 35 has been given a new lease of life as i have recently un-seized its motor, it pulls like a train as well.. she looks a bit rough but i had to re-build its cab a few years ago as the old girl was a wreck, my younger brother who had it from new tells me he kicked it down some stairs when he was a child..  :of

DSCN4757.jpg

One of my recent additions is this County 1884, Josh yes thats your old disc harrow.. 8)..

DSCN4783.jpg

A few more.

• 1 month later...

I have been adding to my fleet! these past few weeks, it seems ive really got the bug now.

DSCN6265.jpg

I am impressed with my Britains IH 3588 snoopy, though the rear linkage lets the model down a bit  :of..

DSCN6289.jpg

Another recent addition is this beast of a model.

DSCN6280.jpg

I got this tidy Same rubin 150 off ebay the other week for less then a 10 quid.. 8)

DSCN6284.jpg

I got this lovely old nordic tractor for a good price on ebay as well.

DSCN6269.jpg

8 quid for this very clean looking MF 362?, i think thats a good price...

DSCN6275.jpg

Finally i spent a few quid and purchased this UH MF 590, its a little beauty i reckon. 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tris and David, Again i have been adding to my collection of late with a few implements..

DSCN7117.jpg

Got this nice little tipping trailer for a few quid on ebay the other week, i had one when i was a child but it got wrecked years ago! so i wanted another one 8)..

DSCN7122.jpg

I was very happy to get this classic Bomford Superflow just last week.

DSCN7116.jpg

Any Britains fleet is not complete without a Shanwee Poole!, got this exellent one for a good price last week, it looks so cool hitched to my County.. :laugh:

DSCN7112.jpg

With so many big tractors in my collection this Simba Solo was a must!! 8)

DSCN7109.jpg

I just could not resist this lovely John Deere 8430T, well it looks so good with the Simba.. ;)

DSCN7114.jpg

I have wanted one of these for ages, at last i got one last week again for a good price good old ebay!!.. 8)

DSCN7118.jpg

Finally another attic find, i forgot i ever had this milk tanker but i found it the other week, its miising a few bits and looks a bit battered but its now back in the land of the living again.. 8)

Some nice additions and a nice attic find as well.

I too have a blue rear dump but with narrower wheels and tyres and it suffers from the dreaded wheel rot. Your one looks fine from here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks chaps i think my collection is growing nicely now with a few more recent additions.. 8)

DSCN7439.jpg

I picked up this near mint Howard side spreader the other week, i am currently trying to obtain some of the implements i had when i was a child.

DSCN7438.jpg

Like this Chafer tramliner sprayer, hitched to another recent additon a CaseIH MXU 135.. 8)

DSCN7444.jpg

My brother found this CVX 170 the other week, it was stored almost forgotten in a cupboard. He had no use for it so i happily claimed it.  ;)

DSCN7442.jpg

In the same cupboard he found this interesting SIKU Fendt 926 again he had forgotten all about it, the cabs been damaged but overall the model looks ok, i didint even ask him for it!! ;D

DSCN7431.jpg

I purchased this beauty just last week, it costed me a few quid but i think its worth it.. 8)

DSCN7427.jpg

Finally this TR-85 combine i also purchased last week really brings back memories for me as i had one many moon ago when i was a child.

DSCN7433.jpg

It is in mint condition with not a scratch or paint chip to be seen, my original one got wrecked years ago so i am so pleased to own one again.. 8)

I think i know the one you are on about Justin, that one went for too much money i think "over 60 quid" , in fact i didint even make a bid on my purchase i just made the seller an offer and he/she accepted, it was far less then 60 quid.. 8)

I think i know the one you are on about Justin, that one went for too much money i think "over 60 quid" , in fact i didint even make a bid on my purchase i just made the seller an offer and he/she accepted, it was far less then 60 quid.. 8)

Yeah i stopped bidding after 40 quid. Speacily when  the postage was bit high also.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally bit the bullet today and done a bit of a re-vamp!!..

DSCN4782.jpg

I have not been happy with my Ford TW 20!!..

DSCN4771.jpg

With 2 5610s both big and little booted versions i have been pondering over a bit of a swap around, as i wanted to make my TW 20 look a little more realistic, trouble is them bleeding bonnets are fragile yet very difficult to remove withoout any damage!!

DSCN8191.jpg

Well carefully i managed to do it today, after a bit of swapping around i got a half decent looking TW-20.. 8)

DSCN8199.jpg

5610 bonnet, floorplan and cab on the TWs chassis and visa versa, what a difference, my TW actually looks like a TW... :laugh:8)

Good move!  The TW-20 looks sweet.  ;) Ive done a TW-15 & 8210 also using  big booted 5610's . Planning a 9700 2wd next maybe using a 5610 again.  I got a  Britains TW-20 & 7710 from EBAY  also not so long ago ,but i think ill leave them be ,cause of there collectable value.  Just trying to build an old skool Britains collection like yourself with the odd coneversion thrown in the mix  . ;);D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Justin, yea i think my TW 20 looks much better.

Today i recived a new addition to my collection..

DSCN8279.jpg

My brand new Britains New Holland T8.. 8)

DSCN8291.jpg

I think its a fantastic looking tractor and Britains has done a good job, not so long ago i almost purchased the Siku one but im glad i waited.

DSCN8286.jpg

Nice detail and such a impressive looking beast of a machine. :)

• 4 months later...

It has been a few months since i added to my collection, i think a break now and then is good not only for the pocket but the mind.

One can only resist temptation for a certain amaount of time though and it seems my fleet is expanding again..

DSCN1155.jpg

I had never owned a Britains Volvo before "even when i was a child when they was new" until today, this one came up at the right price for me so i snapped it up, it is in great condition and i am thrilled with it..

DSCN1154.jpg

When i noticed the asking price for this quite rare 1990 Lambo 1706 i just had to get it, it has a replacement exhaust but so what it looks good in fact it carries its 22 years pretty well..

DSCN1146.jpg

With all the fantastic new models available or soon to be i just cant resit the old Britains classics, now on the hunt for a Fendt, Renault 103-54 and that big Deutz they made back in the 90s. Happy days....

Archived