Siku 2012

Jez

Trucks? New lower price with them I hope! Even a tenner cheaper would help. Will it be another OEM, DAF, Mercedes, Volvo maybe? A new trailer? STAS smooth sider bulker?

Upgrade the MAN to 6x2 and put a STAS on the back, and I'm a happy camper.

Lets be fair here Siku surprised us all with their announcements for 2011 with really good new models like CASE Magnum340 (No one expected that)  NH T8.390, MF combine and next week two new JD8R/RT models which I am very much looking forward to :)

In previous years I have been one of their biggest critics but not this year.

What I expect is another move into ERTLs domain with a JD7R  tractor and why not a CASE Puma as well seeing as Britains is too plasticky and UHs 230 is clearly WRONG!

And I suspect we may see a Fendt to, perhaps one of the soon to be released smaller 700s (718?)  and who knows maybe a Fendt Katanna 65 forager ::)  we know someones going to make one so why not Siku!!

As for implements I dont care as neither Siku or Britains are accurate enough and there are so many companies now producing superior implements to go behind their tractors ;)

Lets be fair here Siku surprised us all with their announcements for 2011 with really good new models like CASE Magnum340 (No one expected that)  NH T8.390, MF combine and next week two new JD8R/RT models which I am very much looking forward to :)

In previous years I have been one of their biggest critics but not this year.

What I expect is another move into ERTLs domain with a JD7R  tractor and why not a CASE Puma as well seeing as Britains is too plasticky and UHs 230 is clearly WRONG!

And I suspect we may see a Fendt to, perhaps one of the soon to be released smaller 700s (718?)  and who knows maybe a Fendt Katanna 65 forager ::)  we know someones going to make one so why not Siku!!

As for implements I dont care as neither Siku or Britains are accurate enough and there are so many companies now producing superior implements to go behind their tractors ;)

Very true some of what you've pointed out. Am liking the JD R series models. I agree with your point about the implements not being as detailed although for carpet farmers etc. other brands are either a bit out of their price range or not strong enough.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well after Agritechnica I think we can get more of an idea on what Siku may make for 2012.  No Fendt Katana thanks to Wiking :)  but I wonder if theyll do a new version Fendt 718 once the smaller machines come out.  The big surprises at Agritechnica were no models of JD 6Rs or Claas 900s which leads me to think that maybe as in 2007 both new models will appear first in Sikus line up (as did JD7530 and Axion 850) before graduating to Wiking later in the year.  And maybe we might see either a JD S690 or perhaps a NH combine for a change.  After last years improved offerings from Siku im a bit more hopeful about them for 2012 ;)

no that is not it. This one is no doubt better than the siku one will be. It is from reisinger and costs an arm and a leg (around 2000 Euros I think)

No I just have that hunch  ;) ..... 2 years ago I had a talk with the guys from Ropa in germany and they told me that siku is working on getting one done. They also told me it will be fall 2011. I imagine siku was late for the Agritechnica (i was already thinking ...OH no no Maus) but if you go to that german forum you will see that agrartoy posted in siku 2012 that he predicts a maus and he usually is spot on. That would just confirm what I already knew from Ropa.

Well traditionally early December is when Siku announce next years model releases so its any time now ;)

Hope its soon! Last year they didn't announce them until quite late in December because I remember checking the website everyday to see if they had been announced yet.  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Come on Siku im getting tired of waiting!!  What JDs are you making next year 6R or 7R???  And will you make a CNH harvester???

I never used to be keen on Siku but the new JD8360R is superb and all it needs is some painting detail and a front weight set and it wont be far off  Wiking standard! 

A sneak preview of the 2012 March items will be revealed on the 25th of December, the other itemes will be revealed at the 1st of February...

1 1:32 Animal (a lot of people has this at home...)

1 Super Tractor (in 2011 in 1:32 scale)

3 1:50 Farming combinations

1 1:50 Tractor with frontloader

1 1:32 Tractor (complete new type of tractor!)

The 1:50 aren't new tractors, only new in the combination...