Question For The Massey Massive...

dalethecaptain

I would appreciate a bit of help from those in the know, Could any one tell me which cab option is fitted to this Massey, its an '86 model?

I have not seen one like this before, so I was wondering if its common or not. Not only am I wanting to build a model of this on the upcoming UH MF240, but I am after something the like for my small holding.

Cheers in advance!

post-2500-132639999302_thumb.png

post-2500-132639999343_thumb.png

Cheers for that!

That machine was on the 'bay last week, it was a bit far and would of been pricey for me to collect, but it only needed some cosmetic work really. I did not go and look at it which I really should of, I have seen some ex council tractors that have really been abused in recent months, with massive hours but still chugging on.

Apparently this type of cab is pretty quiet, which is why I am looking round for a 240 like this. The ex highway machines seem to be much cheaper than the red ones. And a compressor and loader fitted to one would be pretty handy for building my new house...

• 1 month later...

lovely little tractor unfortunately those cabs suffered from having the hinges breaking away from the cab pillar , due to the door not having a stop strap or a gas strut, they just folded back to a rubber plug type stop which was fine if you wanted to just hold the door open , but no resistance to the wind catching it & ripping the door off.

another poor point was the rubber cab mountings , they never lasted long & the cab would slowly shake it's self to bits  :(

also the cab fan was hopeless in the summer with all that glass it was a pretty uncomfortable place to work ..........like sitting in a green house  :(