Anyone going to newark at the weekend?

Jdeere6910

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice selection of photographs there David. Good to see a couple of tractors in working clothes the International No 900 and the AC No 806 and what looks to be a bit of history on the tractor with the land girls. Nice to see a fairly large horticultural section as well.

Nice selection of photographs there David. Good to see a couple of tractors in working clothes the International No 900 and the AC No 806 and what looks to be a bit of history on the tractor with the land girls. Nice to see a fairly large horticultural section as well.

Thanks Bill. Fully agree great to see tractors maintained in their original working clothes the Allis was definitely one of my favourite vintage machines from the weekend having appeared as a star on the BBC drama "Land Girls." :)

Time for some fresh air and a look around the highly impressive display of tractors brought together by members of the "Blue Force" club. I'm now a fully paid up member myself and look forward to attending some of the very exciting working events they have planned.

Who needs gate posts for an entrance when a TW-35 and 8730 as flag pole bearers will do just fine. 8)

P1120238.jpg

P1120293.jpg

P1120204.jpg

Ultra rare Jewelltrac Logmaster.

P1120205.jpg

P1120206.jpg

P1120207.jpg

Well David being a Nuffield owner I'm pleased to see there was a variety of models in all conditions on show. I have to be critical on that 10/60 No 709 since well the head lights are not correct and really spoil it and oh those polished plated front wheel studs is a no no no from me.....but as long as the owner is happy with it that is the main thing.

No 702 the three wheeled Nuffield must be quite a rare one really especially since the sliding rear axles have not been cut.

Oh and I'm still trying to work out the make of the lorry reg  948 UXH next to the Thames Trader.....my eyes just can't read that badge :-[

Well David being a Nuffield owner I'm pleased to see there was a variety of models in all conditions on show. I have to be critical on that 10/60 No 709 since well the head lights are not correct and really spoil it and oh those polished plated front wheel studs is a no no no from me.....but as long as the owner is happy with it that is the main thing.

No 702 the three wheeled Nuffield must be quite a rare one really especially since the sliding rear axles have not been cut.

Oh and I'm still trying to work out the make of the lorry reg  948 UXH next to the Thames Trader.....my eyes just can't read that badge :-[

Enjoyed capturing the very fine line up of Nuffields Bill. I think that's the third rowcrop Nuffield i've captured, certainly can't be that many around. There was a very smart restored example that I photographed at the Millenium show also at Newark. With regards to the subject of restoration, here's my take. Each to their own, most importantly the tractor is being preserved and the owner is gaining enjoyment out of taking the tractor to shows. That said there have been one or two restorations i've seen over the years that have had me thinking; "What have they done?" The Big Bud tractor that resides in the UK being one of them. 

The lorry next to the Thames Trader is a Fordson WOT. :)

Next up all things County related. Great to see and photograph the Jubilee tractor again. The last time I was in the company of this tractor was at the County anniversary held at the Tracks Across The Field event at Bramdean in Hampshire back in 1998. It was on display there in it's customer requested red and white livery.

P1120219.jpg

P1120241.jpg

P1120282.jpg

P1120245.jpg

P1120231.jpg

P1120220.jpg