Animal Conversions (New pictures added 27 AUGUST 2009)

I rest my case ;) Sheep may be constantly trying to die on you - but you don't hear too many cases of them causing broken legs - and you can rugby-tackle them to catch them if you need to! Try that with a fractious heifer! ;D

I think it is a matter of what you are used to. We milked cows for a living for 38 years and everything centred and revolved around the cows. In the autumn and over the winter months 'till the end of February an Uncle used to bring over a flock of sheep and lambs to fatten on the grass keep. I think the trouble was that the sheep came straight off the Moor and were used to ranging and did not respect gates or hedges and we spent more time chasing sheep than anything else, this it where my dislike of sheep stem from. Cows have, in my oppinion, more character and individuality, you just have to show them who's the Boss.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a cheap bull from a made in China farm set. It's more or less the same as the Britains Charolais, but a little smaller and stocker. I painted it up to look like a Hereford bull not a bad little animal convo. The size is just about right for a Hereford. Put in the Charolais bull for size comparison.

post-77-132638594596_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638594599_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

There's some Belted Galloways taken up residence in the farm adjoining the (SCALEdown) factory just lately.

Netherfield Place Farm used to breed them before Plumpton College came on the scene.My brother took several on a 4 (?...can't remember exactly)) week export sea trip to Columbia in the late 60s when he was 16 for the owner at the time...and of course I got lumbered with his stock chores back at home for the duration. :(;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...