Looks like i got setup

jordantaylor

as im sure many of you know i had an accident in the summer working for JC & MW Suckleys. due to this i lost my job and we had a geat debate on here as to whos fault it was.

well today i had to give a statment to a man from the cotswold group who deal with the top 20 insurers dealing with benefit cheats, insurane claims ect...

to my great annoyance he told me today that he has enough evidence to believe i was setup by the driver of the other car and it was all done on purpose so they could make a claim. they believe that they chose the tractor as there were 4 of us using the road all day everyday for about 3 days and we were passing through the same area every 20 mins. the police and himself said it could have ahppened to any of us drivers.

just thought id let you know before people start looking down on me and thinking the worst of me.

This sort of 'scam' was reported on the TV the other day, a programme called 'Dirty rotten scoundrells'. This is defrauding insurance companies of millions a year. I bet that the vehicle they were driving had false plates on at the time as well. If anyone has the presence of mind, you should, if involved in any accident, take a picture of the vehicle, the driver and the registration number, even if you don't carry a camera most of us carry a mobile phone.

It may have been planned but it could of been a genuine accident. The matter is you still ran into them im afraid; the only thing to blame by the sounds of it is probably lack of expereience or tiredness.

Ah now thats a bit harsh, you don't just randomly stop on a road with something behind you :P

It sounds like he has lots of experience not like his first time on roads

It may have been planned but it could of been a genuine accident. The matter is you still ran into them im afraid; the only thing to blame by the sounds of it is probably lack of expereience or tiredness.

That's how they get away with it, the person who rearends you is automatically at fault even if you deliberately set them up.

Unfortunateley, allis8550 is quite correct, no matter what the circumstances, if you rear-end another vehicle the blame is squared on you, that's why these scammers chose to be hit in this manner knowing, that if their scam is not detected, that your insurance company pays for the damage. Write a letter to your local newspaper to make others aware and to look out for this sort of thing.

If i remember rightly i think i happened at traffic lights or some sort of crossing

they were infront of me and slammed there brakes on. its believed they picked one of the tractors out as they knew they could do some damage.

just a shame it was my tractor, but oh well

thats harsh sir

The same happened my mate only he was in  a car

Even seen a car behind a tractor for no more than 10mins the man over took me pulled in very quick and close to the tractor and stood on the brakes  :of  good job the 1690 only does 16mhp  :P

i agree with you all there are still factors that could have prevented the accident anyway but they are still trying to find out if the bloke driving the car had any connections with the women crossing the road as belive it or not the man that took my statement said that this sort of incident is quite common where somebody walk over the crossing before they should just so the driver has to slam his brakes on causing the vehicle behind to collide with the back of their car.

my fendt went up the but of some one the other day, they slamed on the brakes becouse they missed the gate they wanted, wasnt pretty for the car having a on comming truck and having my buckrake on. , both us were doing 50kmh in a 50kmh zone, had a mate with me and the on comming truck knew me so was in the clear with the police, its very very easy to have a accadint like this with a tractor, one of our crew got a car between the tractor and trailer as they came out of a hedged drive way.

This sort of 'scam' was reported on the TV the other day, a programme called 'Dirty rotten scoundrells'. This is defrauding insurance companies of millions a year. I bet that the vehicle they were driving had false plates on at the time as well. If anyone has the presence of mind, you should, if involved in any accident, take a picture of the vehicle, the driver and the registration number, even if you don't carry a camera most of us carry a mobile phone.

most of these scams happen in & around built up area's because of the heavy traffic. it's unlikely it had false plates on as they wouldn't be able to claim.

the usual is to buy a car for £500 -£750 & get the accident to happen during the validity of the 20 day covernote, it's not the clam for the car thats the money maker it's the medical claim for injury & loss of earnings or the ability to find work that get the big money.

there was a case in bristol , where these sudden accidents were a regular occurance untill a lady in an estate agents office noticed that every time an accident happened it was happening to the same couple of men, she informed the police & they set up a surveylance team, & twice a month during rush hour  they'd drive an old banger to the same point, get rear ended, get the payouts ,find another car find another insurer & do it all over again.

Unfortunateley, allis8550 is quite correct, no matter what the circumstances, if you rear-end another vehicle the blame is squared on you, that's why these scammers chose to be hit in this manner knowing, that if their scam is not detected, that your insurance company pays for the damage. Write a letter to your local newspaper to make others aware and to look out for this sort of thing.

Not always. I rear-ended a car as Iwas pulling away from traffic lights.  A third vehicle had switched lanes in front of the other car  causing the driver to brake and I hit him.  Both insurance companies agreed that I could not have avoided  him, had no chance to stop as I was pulling away from a standing start and decided to settle on a knock for knock basis.  Neither of us lost our no claims discount;  my insurance company paid for the repair to my car and the other party's insurers paid for his.

HOWEVER -  there was a witness who came forward and the driver of the car I hit made it clear that he did not think it was my fault.  In fact he apologised to me for braking in the first place.

If someone decides to brake like that in front of me they'll have picked the wrong fight, I'll be pushing them towards the hedge regardless, police can do what they like but i'll be having my say like a bulldozer tells soil where to go,

that is if i think its on purpose of course

• 3 weeks later...

dont mean to sound harsh but why are you so close to the car infront that you cant stop ? fair enough like pulling away at lights i suppose  but if your travelling and especially with a tractor your a fool in your own right for being to close ! ive done my fair share of road work and sense tells you not to be close especially if you have a load , but im sorry i dont have any sympathy for these kinds of incidents unless it is a total aciddent but id say 95% are due to lack of common sence and im sorry if i have upset any one with my veiw  :)

dont mean to sound harsh but why are you so close to the car infront that you cant stop ? fair enough like pulling away at lights i suppose  but if your travelling and especially with a tractor your a fool in your own right for being to close ! ive done my fair share of road work and sense tells you not to be close especially if you have a load , but im sorry i dont have any sympathy for these kinds of incidents unless it is a total aciddent but id say 95% are due to lack of common sence and im sorry if i have upset any one with my veiw  :)

If someone desperately wants to make contact with your vehicle, for whatever reason,  there's not a lot you can do about it.

I don't see where the argument is? ???