new tractor

smish

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya its true they are dear, my boss has one a 90 reg generation 3, and you know shes virtually perfect, any trouble she has ever given has been only minor so you know your paying for what you get i guess. what jobs will you be using her for, there not the best for loader work i reckon as the gearing is awkard to match reverse speed with forward, it involves a fair bit of changing compared to the old ford gear box

no they are really bad my uncle keeps an oldish zetor 7710 to pull his self built/landquip sprayer (must take photo for a laugh) he says it is light, still they didnt invent brakes or decent hydaulics or a decent tractor!!

i know you said the cab on the masseys is small, but the 399 is a marvelous tractor though or if interested a 398, my uncle picked one up about 3 years ago for ?14000 and ud sware she came out of the factory, a bit light though but would make a great yard tractor

itll just be for tippin around at home,drawin silage for a friend of mine thats a contractor and spreading slurry. not an awful lot of work really,just want somethin nice to play about with and have her nice and clean.headin for galway/roscommon saturday to look at a few 7810's and 956's.

well a nice 110-90 sounds just up your street, their great yokes to pull i know of a 90-90 that pulls a 12 tonne track machine up a severe severe hill that has a constant slope all the way to the top which is about half a mile she throws out black smoke like as it a struggle but she makes it every time

7810 can be light enough for drawing silage especially if theres a slope in the field shell start to spin and changing the gears can be challenging if you hit a soft spot but their great to drive cos it brings out the good drivers

id stay away from the case, their gear boxes are crap and their cabs arent that nice either visibility wouldnt be the best

7810 all the way

My Godfather has all Massey in his yard, from a 3690 down, but there in the corner of the yard is a shiny blue 7810 II.

The 7810 was Ford's best selling tractor from the day they brought it out - after years of people telling them they should make it. The prototype was designed by South Essex Motors, a Ford Dealer, but it drew heavily on the experience of County with the 1164, 1174 and Ford 8100 which were effectively the same principle.