Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

i dont want to slate the bale trailer,but would other makes of bales fit on the trailer,doesnt look great with the bottom row stood up,the trailer does look very good,perhaps britains bales will sit down flat

So far Paul I've tried the Replicagri, UH and the sisal handmade bales from Mandy, all have the same problem. Not tried Siku or Britainns yet. Reckon the Siku will have the same problem as they are similar size to UH's. The Britains round b ales are bigger but I need to find some first. A loft rummage tomorrow.

However seen trailers round here loaded in a similar manner several times.

Good pictures Peter, didnt know the grain shute door opened. The only bales i got to fit are my home made silage bales , after a bit of a squash.

So have you tried Britains round bales Mark? If so were they a better fit?

not as yet Peter  but they are bigger than  the others , you may only get three in front to back.

Thanks Mark. I'll rummage the loft tomorrow and see if they fit any better. Yes, it'll only be a row of three on the bottom for sure.

saved you a job Peter the britains bale are the same size as mandys sisal bales. I have removed the back  ladder , after looking at the grain trailer. The ladder bars go though the end of the trailer, so either cut them down so the  ladder is fitted to the back of the bed or make them longer to fit the bales.

• Like 1

looking at it i think making them longer would not look right.

mark ,would it work if you angled the lower section out more, then the upper back upright more??? same with the front , wouldnt take much adjustment each end to make them fit looking at the pics peters posted,other option would be extend the front and rear frames a little, spreading the adjustments both ends??

mark ,would it work if you angled the lower section out more, then the upper back upright more??? same with the front , wouldnt take much adjustment each end to make them fit looking at the pics peters posted,other option would be extend the front and rear frames a little, spreading the adjustments both ends??

It may work if you did it both ends :-  you need to gain 20mm/25mm . The backs already out at 15mm and the fronts not got much extra room.

saved you a job Peter the britains bale are the same size as mandys sisal bales. I have removed the back  ladder , after looking at the grain trailer. The ladder bars go though the end of the trailer, so either cut them down so the  ladder is fitted to the back of the bed or make them longer to fit the bales.

Cheers Mark. Looks like a simple little job. I'll be buying another in the New Year so when I do I'll have a play around.

Please post up photos when you decided what you are going to do and finish the modifications.

In the meantime I'm going to do a little research into round bales and what's available. Post the results soon!!

• Like 1

It may work if you did it both ends :-  you need to gain 20mm/25mm . The backs already out at 15mm and the fronts not got much extra room.

I think you have decide on what bales you are going to use then work out how much you need to gain or lose. With the Replicagri ones I would say take the rear lade in but i would need to measure everything up and the work out the changes required before committing to cut things about!

• Like 1

dont get me wrong peter,smashing looking trailer,just a shame the bales dont sit right

It is a great trailer Paul, and I feel the same way as you about the bales. Just need to find out the best bale that fits or what we have to do to make what ever bales you want to use fit. Mark is already on the case!

It is a great trailer Paul, and I feel the same way as you about the bales. Just need to find out the best bale that fits or what we have to do to make what ever bales you want to use fit. Mark is already on the case!

i've had a look  to make it fit 4 sisal bales the wheels would end up  right in the middle, not a good look. So its shorter for me to fit 3 sisal bale. Not a bad thing because i've got 3 bigger trailers already. will put up some pictures on ford farm when done. :)