County Tractors at work and play

BC

Moving onto the Fordson E27N based crawlers.

First up a pair of them heading up the County crawler plough past at the Tracks Across the Field event in 1998.

IMGCOUNTY1_0002.jpg

IMGCOUNTY1_0003.jpg

Followed by another pair seen at the Fordson 500 event also seen alongside a Roadless half - track conversion.

IMGf500_0010.jpg

IMGf500_0008.jpg

Another seen at a vintage rally at Murton near York back in the late '80s.

IMGCOUNTY1_0004.jpg

Lastly this example engaged in a spot of vintage match ploughing near Northallerton.

IMGCOUNTY1_0005.jpg

Next up a yellow P55 i'm very familiar with. It belonged to a chap my Dad used to work for who bought it from Cambridgeshire in a very rough state back in 1997. A Ransomes TS46 4 furrow trailer plough was sourced more local to home to accompany the tractor. The crawler was restored early in 1998 ready for it's first outing at Snainton Y.F.C's ploughing match.

Before attending the match the tractor was taken to a farm near the coast for a proper work out.

IMGcounty4_0001.jpg

IMGcounty4_0002.jpg

The tractor making it's first public appearance at Snainton Y.F.C's ploughing match.

IMGcounty4_0003.jpg

IMGcounty4_0004.jpg

Well thank you David.... that first picture is good...not only do I see a IH 634 in the middle but to the right a BRAY 10/60 with the BMC badge and well to the left of the IH 634 those are the front wheels of a International Farmall A...keep them coming David 8)

Well thank you David.... that first picture is good...not only do I see a IH 634 in the middle but to the right a BRAY 10/60 with the BMC badge and well to the left of the IH 634 those are the front wheels of a International Farmall A...keep them coming David 8)

Brilliant David...me thinks I have taken photos of more County's than I have already posted on here already....well of the creepy crawly kind ;D ;D

Thanks Bill, that photograph was taken by my Dad at one of my favourite vintage working days I attended as a youngster. I'll have a look and see whether I can unearth the photograph of the Farmall A too. As for the crawlers i've had the pleasure of operating the P55 that used to belong to my Dad's friend and former boss in the past. With it's low center of gravity and high track profile it was almost like driving something whilst sat in a bath tub. It's more a case of feeling like your sat "in" it rather than "on" it compared to an International BTD6 i've also had a brief go on.

This topic get's better by the hour David...in fact I am the No 2 follower on it ;D ;D

Thanks Bill, glad you're enjoying my contributions. Still have a few more sets to go. Starting with one of the best looking County tractors in my opinion, the Super 6.

IMGcounty6_0005.jpg

IMGf500_0025.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

IMGcounty6_0006.jpg

P1120297-1.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

Wonderful pics as always mate, love the Super 4

Thanks ever so much Lee. Enjoyed grouping all my County photographs together. I've been fortunate enough to see a good number of really nice examples of Super 4 and various other County tractors over the years. Also spent an afternoon aboard a 1004 hitched to a 6 furrow Ransomes conventional plough, a very enjoyable experience. Lots more to follow.

Thanks David for the great pictures. Makes me want to own a County myself.

Regards, Jack.

You're very welcome Jack and thank you. I'd love to own a County sometime in the future. Until then I'm very greatful to have a few close connections to the real machines thanks to friends who own them and it's nice to have a few DBP models of them in my collection to go with the photographs i've taken.