Precision R Series

chris.watson

Most of the 32nd precisions that Ertl have produced have sold poorly - the first version of the 8400, both the more recent 8430 and 8530 and the Case Steiger STX have ended up being sold off cheap to get rid of them - even now there are a fair number of the 8430 and 8530 still for sale in JD dealers and on eBay (and no, they were not a rehash of the earlier model :-) ).

Bearing in mind the level of detail now being achieved on the standard issues, I don't think the precisions would offer an improvement in detail in line with the price they would need to be. As I have said before, I don't expect to see any more 32nd scale precision models from Ertl.

maybe wiking will introduce 6, 7, or 8r series models. i have 6930 and 7430 with loader and quality is good, but feel metal rims would make model top drawer. wiking 7430 is a little disapointing, as it is really a rebaged 6930. the real machines i feel, stood side by side, would see the 7430 a slightly bigger tractor. am i right in thinking this?

maybe wiking will introduce 6, 7, or 8r series models. i have 6930 and 7430 with loader and quality is good, but feel metal rims would make model top drawer. wiking 7430 is a little disapointing, as it is really a rebaged 6930. the real machines i feel, stood side by side, would see the 7430 a slightly bigger tractor. am i right in thinking this?

Yes taller bigger wheels, but then this will relight the arguments, that the 6930 model should never have been badged a 6930 but a 7530 due to the wheels and bonnet . .

Yes taller bigger wheels, but then this will relight the arguments, that the 6930 model should never have been badged a 6930 but a 7530 due to the wheels and bonnet . .

No arguments the 6930 was a cxck up! 7430 is correct and yes a real size 6930 is noticably shorter than the 74/5/30 if you see them parked side by side.