New S690I Not Far Away

CX820Joe

So no working graintank then >:( another dissapointing combine that promised much but falls short because of a ceiling on manufacturing costs! Why cant one of these makers (for a change) produce a popular brand machine with a pivoting rear axle, opening graintank, opening side panels, decent header (thats the right width) chunky front tyres (not rowcrops!) and a trailer for the detachable header!! The nearest todate has been Sikus JD T670i but all other hopefuls fall short by 2 or 3 of the above items!

Lets hope ROS have a serious go at a top NH model as they look like the only ones who are prepared to go the extra mile.

So no working graintank then >:( another dissapointing combine that promised much but falls short because of a ceiling on manufacturing costs! Why cant one of these makers (for a change) produce a popular brand machine with a pivoting rear axle, opening graintank, opening side panels, decent header (thats the right width) chunky front tyres (not rowcrops!) and a trailer for the detachable header!! The nearest todate has been Sikus JD T670i but all other hopefuls fall short by 2 or 3 of the above items!

Lets hope ROS have a serious go at a top NH model as they look like the only ones who are prepared to go the extra mile.

Because if one of them done that you would have no longer have anything left to moan about, well at least where combine models are concerned :P:D

i think siku's claas lexion 600 ticks all those boxes bluegreen

I think the Siku combines are great for functionality, but its a shame the headers are so basic, and have those chunky plastic tines. But at the end of the day, they are toys I guess. I was going to try and see if there's a way of fixing the Britains JD header to the T670i - I don't think it would too difficult.

I do think its a pity this S690i doesn't have a working grain tank, does look like quite a complicated set up to me. It does look like the feederhouse has hydraulic rams, the one on the previous S690 I had seemed to be spring loaded!

Out of interest, is the 35' header the biggest JD offer here? Thought they would be offering a 40 footer to compete with Claas' V1200

I think the Siku combines are great for functionality, but its a shame the headers are so basic, and have those chunky plastic tines. But at the end of the day, they are toys I guess. I was going to try and see if there's a way of fixing the Britains JD header to the T670i - I don't think it would too difficult.

I do think its a pity this S690i doesn't have a working grain tank, does look like quite a complicated set up to me. It does look like the feederhouse has hydraulic rams, the one on the previous S690 I had seemed to be spring loaded!

Out of interest, is the 35' header the biggest JD offer here? Thought they would be offering a 40 footer to compete with Claas' V1200

the grain tank is open though joe,suppose you cant shut it then?

I think if you look at the pic on Outback Toys carefully, you will find it is the same prototype with the right hand dual wheel tread the wrong way that we have already seen (better pictures of) in the Ertl 2011 thread (http://www.farmtoysf...11/page__st__40) ;)

I will be very surprised if the model has working grain tank lids, but how anyone can tell from the very poor quality pic on Outback Toys website is beyond me :- Seeing the way it operates on the full sized machine, it is difficult to see how it can be made to work satisfactorily and be robust enough on a 32nd scale toy. It is a bit disappointing to see that it has a rigid tank auger when the full sized machines are more often seen with the split auger which folds across the rear (and was featured on the previous Ertl dealer edition).

The price in the USA is given as $67.99 - about £44 or 52 euro at current exchange rates, which is probably the same sort of price that the European/Britains version is likely to be when it is released in the Autumn.

The Ertl Prestige collection is on a par with the Britains Heritage and Collectables items in respect of detail, but due to the very much tighter toy safety laws in the USA, are generally marked as suitable for age '14+' only. To achieve the requirements for the '3+' age guidelines we are used to seeing in Europe, Ertl have to strip off most of the extraneous detail (eg. cab step handrails, mirrors, light stalks) to create what they refer to as a 'shelf' issue.

T o answer CX820Joe, the largest header available in Europe is 10.7 metres (35 feet) (to be honest, I doubt if the S690i will quite manage to keep up with a well set up Lexion 770 :laugh: ) There is a 40 feet header available in other markets such as North America and Australia.

Edited by ploughmaster

The Siku combines are the most functional I agree but the Lex 600 header is very crude and basic and the wheels look naff, otherwise its quite nice ;D

The Schuco ones look good but the graintank wont open >:( and neither MF Fortias or Fendts work in UK conditions >:( anyway!

Ive decided to give up with cereal harvesters and just buy maize and slurry/muck gear as its more interesting ^-^ Im sure few would argue that watching a big forage gang working at full tilt with loads of trailers in either grass or maize is the best farming scenario 8)

Cereals used to be good but now watching one massive Lex fill into a chaser bin which then dumps into artics.............yawn!