Annandale Model Exhibition 18Th March 2012

Valley Axe Man

Had it been a week earlier Paul I would have come down on the Sunday since I would have been down in Perth for the G&M event at the Holiday Inn Express. I enjoyed the show last year and hope to attend again next year.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick reminder...ANNANDALE MODEL SHOW is this Sunday 18th, a great show held in aid of a good cause. It would be good to meet up with some FTF friends old and new. Come and introduce yourself - there will be a few of us there!

Unfortunately I can't make it this year Damian but I'm sure it will be a good show. Hope to catch up with you all at the Scottish National Tractor Show at the Lanark Mart in September though.

just back from gretna thought it was a nice day for a leisurly jont down the m6 good displays and good to catch up with a few members, paul ( valley axe man) Damien ( jcb bloke ) and harold ( lakeland) and also a few traders who are going to spalding was a good day oh and Paul tell your mum that chocolate cake was excellent

Edited by mr softie

I never knew there was going to be chocolate cake on offer.....that could have enticed me to come down ;D ;D

You certainly got a nice day for the drive down and back Brian. I remember last year getting rain on the 100 miles back to Kinross as my car lost turbo power and was in limp mode for most of the way from Gretna to Kinross :angry:

Oh Brian you are setting me off on tangent mode for the Aberdeen show now only 7 weeks away...Andy Ingram can bake a fine "bannock" aka pancake and I have tasted some of his mum's baking at Penrith a couple of years ago. Well I'm no baker and my mum doesn't really bake anymore so I suppose what I could take along to the Aberdeen show would be some Aberdeen "butteries" or "rowies" and maybe a box of two bite brownies like the ones which I took to Perth last weekend...all from Costco of course ;D ;D

Hi Brian an Bill, Just back from gretna, an unloaded models, Aye my mum knows how to bake a good bit o cake as Damian and Hazel will both testify, in fact stall did well for Kenny and Shirleys chosen charity making £60 plus! It good to catch up with a few friends both old and new and to try and catch a bargain to boot too! :) :) A good day was had by all and already looking forward to next years event ;)

paul maybe i should arrange to get a cake from your mum at preston and take it up to aberdeen with me for bill and the rest to sample now that could be a plan

and paul your right it was damien who twisted my arm to try the cake as he highly recommended them

Edited by mr softie

Just got back and all sorted out. House, family and dogs all still in one piece and thats always a bonus! Good to catch up with fellow FTF members. As usual, it's a cracking little show and in aid of a good cause - Alzheimer Scotland. There was a fair variety of display and models to see, and as previously mentioned Lynn Whitehead had a fantastic table of homemade cakes and buns for sale - proceeds to Alzheimer Scotland again, they were torturous to resist! There were plenty of people walking around with cakes and buns! Looking forward to next years show - and not just the cakes!

100_3065.jpg

100_3068.jpg

100_3072.jpg

100_3077.jpg

100_3080.jpg

Hi Brian an Bill, Just back from gretna, an unloaded models, Aye my mum knows how to bake a good bit o cake as Damian and Hazel will both testify, in fact stall did well for Kenny and Shirleys chosen charity making £60 plus! It good to catch up with a few friends both old and new and to try and catch a bargain to boot too! :) :) A good day was had by all and already looking forward to next years event ;)

dont know how many pounds i added after having some of Lynns delicious cakes

Well done to your mum Paul on doing the baklng and raising that amount for Kenny's and Shirley's charity.

paul maybe i should arrange to get a cake from your mum at preston and take it up to aberdeen with me for bill and the rest to sample now that could be a plan

and paul your right it was damien who twisted my arm to try the cake as he highly recommended them

A week between Brian so you might have to store it in the dairy to keep it nice and fresh ;D ;D

Just got back and all sorted out. House, family and dogs all still in one piece and thats always a bonus! Good to catch up with fellow FTF members. As usual, it's a cracking little show and in aid of a good cause - Alzheimer Scotland. There was a fair variety of display and models to see, and as previously mentioned Lynn Whitehead had a fantastic table of homemade cakes and buns for sale - proceeds to Alzheimer Scotland again, they were torturous to resist! There were plenty of people walking around with cakes and buns! Looking forward to next years show - and not just the cakes!

Nice photos Damian and thanks for sharing...had a wee laugh to myself when I read your comment in bold italics above ;D ;D

Mum says thanks to all who helped support the show by buying cake and buns, and for the comments FTF members have made, it just a bit of fun to raise money for a worthwhile cause :) Trade was that good, that at one point Archies Pike was in credit...... then he came back for a second or was it third helping! :) Sorry to disappoint you Tris but mail order not in pipeline..... But you never know where we turn up with a display and a bit o cake next!! ;D ;D

"When in doubt, put kettle on!" (but only if you've a bit o cake to go wi it, 'cos a brews to wet wi out it!) :) Hahahahahahahahaha

I have to laugh at the English versus Scottish terminology for a cup of tea.....Paul.....you say "brew" we say " a fly cup"...... do I need to take my "thermos flask and Earl Grey tea bags" with me to Lanark this year for my "fly cup" :huh:

Earl Grey!! that a bit up market Bill, Yorkshire Tea down here, but personally am a coffee man, without the milk cos there no point in dilluting it! :) Local languages is one of them often debated topics, Me an Mum only 30 mins from Damian an Hazels but theres still a big difference in the words we use and there meanings!

Honestly Paul I don't often drink tea..but I hear folk talking about Earl Grey....however...it's either Nescafe coffee at home or a few cups of free "Cappuccino" from the works vending machine before I switch to good old fashioned water.

I was on the phone to Damian a couple of weeks ago and despite the fact he said he could multitask...operating his JCB and talk at the same time he later said via PM it took a minute or too to understand me...surprising I thought :huh:

I was on the phone to Damian a couple of weeks ago and despite the fact he said he could multitask...operating his JCB and talk at the same time he later said via PM it took a minute or too to understand me...surprising I thought :huh:

Talk about multitasking Bill....actually I can do 3 things at once - dig, talk and listen to the radio !!! ;D