B A Stores Vintage Working Weekend 19 / 20 May 2012

BC

• 1 month later...

count me in for Sunday (Transport/weather permitting), have form filled out ready for delivery, the holiday booked (or at least it should be.....)

Although i have a sneaky suspicion it will rain more this year due to the run decent weather over the years, just a hunch though.

• 1 month later...

i know this is a bit off subject, but, what is B.A Stores model website address, i remember getting a leaflet from them at the highland show or the game fair at scone, i can't find it anywhere, any help much appreciated, Harry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Only 5 sleeps away to the show I enjoy the most of all in all the ones I exhibit at in Scotland. Its a working weekend and is really nice to have a play at old time farming. I have entered my 1957 French Farmall Cub with mid mounted mower and also my Ransomes TS42A single furrow plough for my MG2 Crawler but I don't think I will have time to dig that one out of a shed and figure how I can get tractor with mower and plough on to the same trailer. Never mind I was assured last weekend by Andy Soutar at last weekends North East Model Farm and Construction Show ( he is a BA Committee member in charge of the model tent) that there would be plenty grass for me to cut 8)

I started my French Cub last Saturday when Peter Hardy and wife Sharon and son Nathan visited me for the first time this year...I was pleased it started on probably the second crank but then it stalled...but hey ho...

Then when I was showing the next party of guests around including Graham & Michelle Millar of G&M Farm Models and John Cranston and also Brian Stewart and his dad Dougie (they have already seen this one running) I noticed I had left the ignition switch on...well no the two crocodile clips were attached to the battery... I think I must have reacted by saying ( Oh Fxxx the coil will be boiled)...anyway as I felt the coil it was not warm and a swing or two she burst into life 8)

Anyway any other members thinking of attending this charitable event :huh:

P1010434.jpg

P1010435.jpg

Edited by BC

I have just had a look at the BBC 5 day forecast of AB32 7DA and well I'm pleased since the weekend looks good...fingers crossed they have got it right...but I will be there whatever the weather since I have attended and / or exhibited at them all and worn the T shirt :blink:

P1010458.jpg

Edited by BC

Hope the weather stays nice for you Bill, will hopefully get in past at some point over the weekend.

Been a wee shower this morning but sun is up so fingers crossed...but I sure it will be an enjoyable weekend Brian,

Hopefully see you there bill

Aye Gregor be sure and give me a shout if you make it to the show Gregor.

Just not long home from day one of the event and a cracking day it was in terms of exhibits and the weather. I was called upon early on by the organisers to cut some bits of grass that had been missed because of the wet and they wanted that area for the horse ploughing. Things were going great for around two hours when the mower started making funny noises. I had lost two nuts and one bolt holding on a plate which is effectively a blade keeper. Despite dismantling I was unable to get new bolts at the store...they are those square headed ones that fit flush if you know what I mean. Off to search the garage to see if I have of. the same size and two nuts to fit as well. i spent the rest of the afternoon touring on my tractor and taking numerous photos which are currently being loaded on to photobucket.

Spent an enjoyable day at BA Sores again today almost from 7am to 7 pm and the sun was shining for most of the day and really enjoyed myself playing at cutting grass and speaking away to folks old and new. I met up with quite a few FTF members. First it was ROB 7810 Robbie Dewar early Saturday morning who is one of the show helpers. Today it was brianih634 aka Bray Gray and son Stevie...please don't say it was in the big MF working area Brian otherwise folk will think I'm going soft in the head ;D ;D oh and I hope Stevie enjoyed being liked to death by a friend of mine younger brother''s Newfoundland puppy which is probably still half grown..,, and last but not least and2go aka Andrew who came and introduced himself in the loading area and also showed me his Super Dexta which he had taken to the show.At the end I was in the model and craft tent and Allan Brownie was coming around and shaking hands with as many exhibitors as he could. You could see Allan was highly delighted with the show and he confirmed it was the highest number of spectators which had ever attended the show. Well done to Allan and all his behind the scene helpers who have helped make the 9th show a really good one. I did say to Allan it was actually the 10th one as I pointed to my 2003 polo shirt which I only ever wear to the BA Sunday shows.... he laughed and said 2003 was only a practice one ;D ;D A brilliant show which was gone from strength to strength over the past 10 years and I would say the best in Scotland and this year the icing on the cake was a rain free weekend with warm temperatures today...roll on next year...only 365 sleeps to go 8)

Edited by BC

Yesterday it was 113 pictures and today limited to 48 today. I'll fire away with yesterday's with minimal of comment since a picture paints a thousand words but if interested in any particular photo etc please feel free to ask away ;D ;D

Saturday morning still a wee bit wet in the loading area so I had the option to go to the caravan club field opposite which I though a better option for me.

P1010469.jpg

P1010470.jpg

P1010471.jpg

P1010472.jpg

P1010473.jpg