B A Stores Vintage Working Weekend 19 / 20 May 2012

BC

P1010632.jpg

Only car and trailer to wash now...the tractor can wait

P1010637.jpg

Certificate and plate given to each exhibitor attending the show...Allan must have been tired signing all of those but a nice personal touch and thank you for exhibiting 8)

P1010633.jpg

P1010634.jpg

That's right Gregor....Andrew Curry from Cullen who was married recently and Ian Wood the video man from Dyce was at his wedding and gave him a DVD of it yesterday. Andrew did say to me he was married recently and the suit he wore to his wedding he wore the following week to his work....it did seem an odd comment to make ...so I did not say much since I was kinda of shocked...anyway he later said to me him and the his best man and the two usher's sported brand new JCB boiler suits for the day...even Damian..mr JCB bloke him self did not do that however I recall a JCB was used as the wedding vehicle...please remind me Damian and Hazel since that was a long time ago and I'm sure if it was a GD topic it will have been lost when the transfer to the new system took place....maybe not but I don't do searching ;D ;D

Oh and Andrew said it was a wedding with a difference in that it was held in a newly constructed workshop on their farm....Ian later told me it was a marquee tent within the newly constructed workshop...as I said to Andrew and Ian it was his day and he could do as he wished and why bother with the matching kilts etc when he and his bride to be were happy he could wear what he wanted and was most comfortable in....oh I saw a photo on the DVD and Andrew's bride was actually dressed in the traditional brides white dress ;D ;D

A farming enterprise in Cullen which must be a worth a visit and I'm sure the pubs and hotel's in the area will have Cullen Skink on the menu's ...any of you FTF members fancy a farm visit :huh:

Grant Thompson from Newmachar was there both days taking photos and he sent me a couple yesterday. In the first one I'm simply cutting all the missed bits that were not cut or rather flattened by the rain last week. Jim from Monymusk was back with Ford and New Holland baler. He was complaining the reels were not picking the wet grass up to to well. We really need to recruit someone with a hay turner for next year....maybe a job for Gregor assuming he passes his test :huh:

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Yes I did say that to Jim before he started...but he left the baler and went back home for 2 round straw bales to take back on his Ivor William's trailer to bale up small square bales...sorry no photo's...it's a show getting so so big that I can't even play and travel around it...but then again if I did not stop to speak to all the folk I know I would cover it all...but you can't be rude to people you know :huh: .....mind you he can be selective and give a wave and keep on the go if you don't really know that person really well ;D ;D

I hope you enjoyed the show photos....I did not hear many Orcadian accents this year as I have in the past..but as one ages ones hearing tends to diminish ;D ;D

Roll on next's years show since it is the biggest and best working weekend in Scotland and is only within 10 or so miles from where I stay 8)

Really enjoyed looking at the photos.Difficult to get off the island at this time of year as it's busy so looking at photos lets me get a taste of shows like this.Tried to get to your model show this year but couldn't get it to work out. Next year hopefully.