Assistance Required,artic Slurry Tankers

catkom3

I need some help to find information on road going artic slurry tankers,PDF file preferably,I've been looking on line for ages,but unless you know the correct terminology you get nowhere fast,this would be more of a German / Dutch thing

as we don't seem to do nearly as much slurry in the U.K as they do in Europe,I'm looking for something like this,

http://agritrader.nl/vervoer-transportmiddelen/tankwagen/nieuw/overige/30-m-179-mestoplegg_a055352?images=

But in a normal tube shaped tanker,all assistance much appreciated,

Regards

Joe.

Cheers Sean,your right the cement industry uses much the same setup,and there lies my problem,it's the slurry tank pipe work I need to see in detail,that's why I reckon one of our European members will be better informed,manufactures names etc,LKW = HGV mestcontainer = slurry tank,alternate names in French German Dutch etc etc,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Tris,but I have already tried Whale's web site,and eh it's less than helpfull,and a completely different type of tank,more geared to public hygene than moveing large quantity's of muck quickly,what I'm looking for is more like the Wiking Samson for road use,like the one in the first four pictures here, http://www.farmphoto.com/thread.aspx?mid=760819#760819 maybe need to take another look at the Samson ::)

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3

theres a few companys move human sewage ect round this way joe, and their trailers dont look any different to the potable water ones whale do, bar warning boards i have not seen anything different to them ,cant see why the same thing wouldnt do for cow slurry at the end of the day,

we use these guys at work ,and i know they run at least 3 artic tankers on contracts to the dockyard removing sewage from ships

http://www.clearflowltd.com/about-clearflow.html

^-^ You guy's are being extremely helpful,and I thank you but I need information on how the pipes are on the suction / blowing on a machine with a top mounted discharge gantry like this

Roadtanker1.jpg

very common on main land Europe,mind that 28 thousand litre Samson SG28 is emptied very quickly,requireing fleet's of artic's to keep it fed,i want to use mine to fill my feild tank,

Roadtanker2.jpg

and hopefully show it at Aberdeen,

Regards

Joe.

joe, from memory the artic tankers i have seen here, are the same plumbing as the ridgid ones, just longer obviously, inlet and outlet pipes on the back above the lights bar or cut into the light bar, can honestly say i have never seen a artic with that arm on, but if i was to guess, it would be plumbed the same as drain cleaners, which just pull the water up once the switch a lever on the rear intake one, no idea how they would blow back out that way as all the ones i have seen are in only,

Hi Joe, have you tried Crossland Tankers website, they make waste tankers, both ally and stainless steel in 33000 litre trailer form but also rigids with boom on top, usually the boom is just for sucking up, and the rear outlet is positioned bottom centre, with an inlet thats shaped like a swan neck inside the tank so vacum pulls liquid into the cavatiy and not up through the rest of the load. my guess is that the bottom outlet would be piped back up to the boom and valved so pressure inside the tank would force its contents up the said pipe and out into the suitable receptical. I not to involved in the tanker side, mostly chassis work my forte. Other websites to try could be Billy Bowie Tankers,

i am from holland, but i have never seen a discharge system with hydraulic arm etc. on any of the slurry trucks! We get about 10 trucks a year and they all are pretty much the same. Most are a bit sturdier liquid containers you normally see milk trucks driving with..

you might get a bunch of images using google and the words "mestvervoer" and "mesttransport" or "mestdistributie"

here are a few company's that specialize in slurry transport

http://www.berkhofbv.nl/grondwerken/mesttransport.php

http://www.verkooyen.nl/Mestdistributie_Mesttransport_Transportwagens.html

http://www.houbraken.nl/mestdistributie

the bottom link might prove useful to see the back end of the truck with the vacuum pump etc..

Cheers Sean for all your input,but Paul has come up trumps,that Billy Bowie site is really helpfull,the photo's in the used tanker section should help give me an idea of where to make holes on my model to get the pipework close to where they should be,don't want to be sucking when I should be blowing :-[:-[ >:D;) .also on that site is a picture of a bonnetted Iveco artic in Bowies colours,don't ever remember seeing that on the road :of

Regards

Joe.

Are you going on with the vacuum unit and all the pipework from pump to tank via filters, chamber and so on and a donkey engine too? Come on Joe, a breeze for your masterful hands!!

Those Iveco Strators are smart looking trucks I reckon. Just a shame thay are Iveco's. A few have made it to Australia I believe.

"very common on main land Europe", I didn't word that very well Niels,I meant articulated slurry tankers,not necessarily with discharge tube on top,are pretty common on the roads of mainland Europe,and tractor trailled ones as well,we rarely if ever see more than single axle tankers on the roads in the U.K. why is that :of bigger herds over there,will this proposed 8000 head unit require big slurry tankers,

Regards

Joe,

PS where is the spell checker now, :-[

In Holland nearly every pig farm has little or no land to spread the slurry on. So some company's make a lot of money carting it away to arable farmers putting it on their land. Dairy farmers are usually ok as they have plenty of land. Slurry was big business but rules getting stricter and less allowed now. Still some money to be made though. Pig farmer pays €17 to get rid of it, transporter takes a bit and farmer gets €10/12 which he can pay the spreading with. So free fertiliser on your land.

No problems Joe, glad i could be of help with the website and Billy Bowie, again another Crossland Tankers customer! I'm sure i've met you somewhere.... thats it were you at Reghed at Penrith and we had a natter with Mr Softie? I had my Ribble Valley Model Farm shirt on, and you'd brought your Terragator for FTF stand?? 6 cylinder donkeys are fairly norm on big vac tankers, DC Clearwater, has an 8 legger Iveco with a 6 pot turbo perkins just to drive the vac pump, iveco pto take care of hydraulics for auxillaries. MMMM Haggis Neeps N Tatties yum yum yum :) :) :) :) !

I don't mind building them Tris but when you get a breakdown and get called out to one thats popped a rear door seal or manway seal... thats almost Turdtastic!!! ;D I remember you from Toytrac a few years ago, i think you had a display behind our forestry / Leyland Marshall foraging scene, if i'm thinking of the right bloke ?