massey 3080 convo

Paul Palmer

Question

im thinking of changing the wheels and tyres on uh,s 3080, some people are /have used the ares 836 wheels and celtis tyres,looking at siku,s 5455,they look very close to the 3080,s in real life,and in real life the 3080 and 5455 had as standard, exactly the same wheels and tyre size,would it look okay using the siku,s wheels,i would spray them the correct colour,and this would be a cheaper way of doing it,any input from fellow convertors would be helpful

post-1769-0-17135600-1331057732_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-07500700-1331057746_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

12 answers to this question

Will get you a picture tomorrow Paul,I think farmmodels.nl sell artisan/pma wheels which are a similar style as he is a bit cheaper on postage if your after one set of rims.

Its not easy getting hold of those ares style rims unless you buy the whole tractor :-

Will get you a picture tomorrow Paul,I think farmmodels.nl sell artisan/pma wheels which are a similar style as he is a bit cheaper on postage if your after one set of rims.

Its not easy getting hold of those ares style rims unless you buy the whole tractor :-

i think getting hold of a unboxed siku 5455 is the way to go

May take some work to get the fronts to fit, the hubs on them Siku ones is a lot larger than the uh so a good amount of packing out will be needed , doubt the whole front axel will fit either if you try and save work going down that route would through the model front end high so to speak

May take some work to get the fronts to fit, the hubs on them Siku ones is a lot larger than the uh so a good amount of packing out will be needed , doubt the whole front axel will fit either if you try and save work going down that route would through the model front end high so to speak

well,looking at the 3080 uh front wheels,i cant see anything wrong with them,the tyres are a bit skinny,so perhaps just put on the siku tyres on the uh front rims,rear wheels well the uh ones have to go Edited by paulali

Got a pic for you Paul,only put on rough0 and track width would have to be narrowed.The siku rim and tyre combo come in at 53mm diameter compared to uh 3080 rear at 50mm.Putting it in position it looks like the tyre will catch the arch unfortunately,I'd be more sure if I fitted it on proper.

post-1027-0-96192500-1331155793_thumb.jp

Edited by Fenside MF