FENDT 828 on Row crops

I recently bought some row crop wheels from Agrium to fit on my Wiking JD 7530 convo but alas they wouldnt fit properly (got stuck in the mudguards >:( ) so I got to thinking could I fit them on another tractor? I then remembered that a local farmer had put a set of rowcrops on his Fendt 826 for irrigation and destoning work and it gave me an idea ::)

A few coats of red paint and some silver on wheelnuts and "et voila"

post-743-0-80401000-1334433036_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-42653100-1334433072_thumb.jpg

They look great as they are a bit wider unlike the pma ones I used on mf 7480 which are too narrow and the tyre is more narrow than the rim.I was planning to put some agrium rims on the uh fendt 820 but measurements show the rears wont fit,looks like these are designed for tractors on 42 inch rear rims.

To be fair to Agrium the wheels and tyres are very nice BUT they were too big for my JD which I understand they were designed for!!! As you can see from the picture they are just right for the big Fendt. Other problems are there is no machined positioned hole for the axle to fit into so you have to drill a hole in the centre of the wheel yourself ??? well good luck with that one >:( Im a carpenter who drills holes in wood and metal most days and I struggled to accurately drill the centre point I can tell you! The model just about runs ok without too much wonkiness but at £20 a set of wheels its very expensive if you c*ck up the drill hole >:(

Also the front wheel hub is useless because if you dont get the hole exactly right again the fixed hub jams on the screw >:( so i left mine of.

If of course your just going to put the wheels on and glue on the hubs with no intention of the wheels turning (because they wont) and your happy to have rears jammed in the rear mudguards because the model will forever be displayed on a mantlepiece and never moved then get a set ;D If however you intend to put them on a model like the 828 then my advice is be very careful getting them set up right. I personally think they should come drilled ready to fit together with the axle included in the set but im sure Agrium will fairly point out the extra expense that would add to them ::)

To be fair to Agrium the wheels and tyres are very nice BUT they were too big for my JD which I understand they were designed for!!! As you can see from the picture they are just right for the big Fendt. Other problems are there is no machined positioned hole for the axle to fit into so you have to drill a hole in the centre of the wheel yourself ??? well good luck with that one >:( Im a carpenter who drills holes in wood and metal most days and I struggled to accurately drill the centre point I can tell you! The model just about runs ok without too much wonkiness but at £20 a set of wheels its very expensive if you c*ck up the drill hole >:(

Also the front wheel hub is useless because if you dont get the hole exactly right again the fixed hub jams on the screw >:( so i left mine of.

If of course your just going to put the wheels on and glue on the hubs with no intention of the wheels turning (because they wont) and your happy to have rears jammed in the rear mudguards because the model will forever be displayed on a mantlepiece and never moved then get a set ;D If however you intend to put them on a model like the 828 then my advice is be very careful getting them set up right. I personally think they should come drilled ready to fit together with the axle included in the set but im sure Agrium will fairly point out the extra expense that would add to them ::)

shame about he hole missing. i have a fendt 824 that i want to do . i will wait till i see them in the flesh,

I also purchased a set of Ian's wheels for my JD and have to say I'm delighted with them. I do not have them properly fitted yet as I still have to paint them, but the fit so far is good. The rears are scuffing in one or two places when turning, but once I've trimmed off the excess rubber sticking up from the treds they will be fine. Mine also came pre drilled, but admit would be better if they came supplied with an axle to suit.

Seeing your pictures on a Fendt has got me thinking now :unsure: I can see another set of these wheels coming my way ::):)

Bluegreen, sorry you feel let down by the wheels on the JD, they do scuff the mudguard very slightly, but I don't create models to be played with, on the other hand, they dont not turn. As far as the front hub cover goes, I made the cap to go over the screw for the wiking JD, which it does perfectly, so once the wheels are screwed in place the hub can be glued no problem and the wheel does still turn.

I take the point about the rear drilling and it is something I will do on kits now prior to despatch. They will only be a pilot hole though as I dont know which model you will want to fit it onto.

Fendt looks great, good job.

One point though. Not once have I heard from you since your purchase, so thanks very much for slagging them off on ther forum, rather than giving me a ring to discuss.

Good job

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also purchased a set of Ian's wheels for my JD and have to say I'm delighted with them. I do not have them properly fitted yet as I still have to paint them, but the fit so far is good. The rears are scuffing in one or two places when turning, but once I've trimmed off the excess rubber sticking up from the treds they will be fine. Mine also came pre drilled, but admit would be better if they came supplied with an axle to suit.

Seeing your pictures on a Fendt has got me thinking now :unsure: I can see another set of these wheels coming my way ::):)

i have to echo your points brian i have mine as well and perfectly happy with them and a good touch that they are a decent width as the artisan ones are too narrow but thats a different story