Oakley Estate Farms

That looks some machine, would be a large investment to recoup. Probably a one-off in 1:32 form is it Alex?

A very large investment Pat, this is a reconditioned second hand one from Germany. This seems a massive piece of kif but with the AD plant growing crops over large distances this is the solution, after 7km from the farm lorries become more efficient so our plan is to run two large ejector trailers in field and load into the Maus, which will in turn fill bulker lorries. As for a one off....im not afraid to do another, may have too now Tom Hawthone from Flawborough Farms has seen it!!! Edited by Oakley Farms
  • Like 2

I hope the Richard Western will get some greedy boards for the whole crop Alex! I'm surprised you guys haven't started cutting yet as most seems done? In early years you can get whole crop rye cut and maybe establish forage maize for the plant afterwards?

The Richard Westerns won't be used for the whole crop, ejector trailers will. Our whole crop isn't quite ready yet as its spring triticale and julian is the whole crop boss! Iv still got a header to do for him yet! Possibly some hybrid rye next year now the plant is up and running.

Would the Joskin Cargo Track fit in with your AD plant Alex,they have a moving floor,similar to an ejector,but could make a big difference if the going is a bit wet.............and the Siku version is due shortly,

Joskin%20Cargo%20Track%204_zpspoxnmcrr.j

Joskin%20Cargo%20Track%203_zpsjvdwetyv.j

Sorry Mark, >:D;)

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

The Richard Westerns won't be used for the whole crop, ejector trailers will. Our whole crop isn't quite ready yet as its spring triticale and julian is the whole crop boss! Iv still got a header to do for him yet! Possibly some hybrid rye next year now the plant is up and running.

Ah I see. Well if you extended the RW it would be fine but I guess it will collide with cereal harvest. What will you do with the fields afterwards?

Would the Joskin Cargo Track fit in with your AD plant Alex,they have a moving floor,similar to an ejector,but could make a big difference if the going is a bit wet.............and the Siku version is due shortly,

Joskin%20Cargo%20Track%204_zpspoxnmcrr.j

Joskin%20Cargo%20Track%203_zpsjvdwetyv.j

Sorry Mark, >:D;)

Regards

Joe.

Love the concept here Joe, the only thing is i can't see a use for them other than carting the various silages around, a tractor is more versatile so more cost effective

• Like 1

Correct James, got some bulkers and a walking floor on the way for AD transport and grain haulage as we open up Oakley Farms Logistics Divison again to improve efficiency and offer full package to customers driving down costs and our competitors!

Look forward to seeing this, what trucks are you running? Guessing its some Three Oak bulkers? Be very interesting to see the walking floor trailer. Some of our B.Rose & Co. drivers were free recently but we're about to get very busy with Autumn Auctions and then Gritting and winter services, being at the other end of the country isn't the most useful either.

Edited by Stabliofarmer
  • Like 1

Three Oaks bulkers are in the pipe line, i have really struggled with 1/32 trucks. I didn't want to fo down the siku or new ray/welly trucks, to plasticy, not enough detail so iv got some lease trucks for this year to get things off the ground and wheels rolling

Well im trying to track down a custom builder, it seems for trucks 1:50 scale is most popular and with good detail. My plan is to run 3 trucks with Fruehauf bulkers in Oakley livery. One walking floor will help us with AD as we can't get max weight in a bulker. The bulkers are sorted and the artwork, i need some inside info on welly's new trucks or custom builders!

• Like 1

Have you looked at Trekker Tim,( Tim Reid ) http://trecker-tim.de.tl/LKW-1-d-32.htm

I think useing 1/50th scale trucks will completely ruin the look of your layout as a 1/32nd scale truck is 75mm wide and a 1/50th scale is 50mm,50% too small,I know it is very unfortunate that there are very few 1/3nd scale truck,and the tractor units that are available are four wheelers,!!,but I believe someone is working on that,but being hampered by the lack of Siku models,i also think the Welly Scania R470 looks pretty good,ok it has the wrong roof profile,but James,( Stabliofarmer ) has shown  that new roofs can be cast,

Welly%20Scania%202_zpspk0xaeby.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3

I've got to agree with Joe, I think 1:50 scale trucks would look awful on the layout.

Just as a side note I know someone who moves a lot of grain and he prefers the low cabbed scania such as the Welly one as try can get more weight on. Although Alex will want a top spec one as from what I can work out AD plants/contractors can't have any machinery that doesn't have all the bells and whistles (I know some of it is justified though)

• Like 1

I don't think Alex is saying he's going to use 1:50 scale trucks as the bulkers are being made by Three Oaks. I can see his point about the trucks and the lack of 1:32 scale custom builders and also what is on offer are left hookers and for someone to build a right hand drive would be nice.

The LHD to RHD is a varying problem in that converting it can be a minor hindrance to a full blown scratch build. Welly's Unimog and Automaxx's MAN are a pleasure to convert, simply cut the steering wheel unit off, stick it on the other side and patch up the hole left behind, Newray's Scania's are do-able but require an awful lot of cutting. At the other end of the spectrum is Welly's Scania, I still, haven't attempted to convert one of these yet but the only way I can see of doing it is start from scratch using some of the original dashboard parts, steering wheel etc. The fact that they're all 4 wheeler's is the big annoyance, who is it that's working on those if you don't mind me asking Joe?

Pat, with the low cabs is it not getting into low doorways? as you'll be able to get the same chassis that holds the same weight on the low and topline cabs.

• Like 1

The LHD to RHD is a varying problem in that converting it can be a minor hindrance to a full blown scratch build. Welly's Unimog and Automaxx's MAN are a pleasure to convert, simply cut the steering wheel unit off, stick it on the other side and patch up the hole left behind, Newray's Scania's are do-able but require an awful lot of cutting. At the other end of the spectrum is Welly's Scania, I still, haven't attempted to convert one of these yet but the only way I can see of doing it is start from scratch using some of the original dashboard parts, steering wheel etc. The fact that they're all 4 wheeler's is the big annoyance, who is it that's working on those if you don't mind me asking Joe?

Pat, with the low cabs is it not getting into low doorways? as you'll be able to get the same chassis that holds the same weight on the low and topline cabs.

It's a crying shame that these are not available in 1/32,they are infact 1/24th

Scania%20RHD%203_zps5ggzbgvc.jpg

Scania%20RHD%201_zpstwznocum.jpg

Scania%20RHD%202_zpsbcw6t0xv.jpg

http://www.kitformservices.com/tq.html

Regards

Joe.

The cab for a lowline scania weighs slightly less so you get a lower tare weight, plus its also a lower cost admittedly the low cabs aren't very good for nights out and such as they aren't spacious. 

Theres a few photos here that show low cabbed ones on standard sized bulkers, I would say for most it isn't a height issue but cost that steers them away from toplines.

http://mapgrouproadtransport.co.uk/p988293150/h69a0f58#h69a0f58

• Like 1