Newby hall vintage rally 9th -10th June 2012

convo

yorkshire vintage association

Newby hall located between ripon and the A1

north Yorkshire

HG4 5EA

9th and 10th June

this is a great day out for all you tractor lovers new and old ,there is a bit of allsorts there traders ,dealers ,displays ,steam ,tractors vintage and up to date

see the pictures on last years feed ,it was a bit wet last year on the Sunday but over all it was a great weekend ,

hope for better weather this year but hey ho it will be what it will be ,

me @ 1/32 farming models will be there on the Sunday selling my weird coloured model tractors

http://tractors.wiki...ntage_Gathering

Edited by convo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a good show Peter...I hope Sharon and Nathan can man your stall for a wee while so you can get some pictures :huh:

yes i will make the effort to get some pictures ,,,its hard work some times even just to have a look round ,,,and i am on a stag day & night on the saturday ::) ::) so i will try and keep my self right for the Sunday ,,,,,,,, however i think our ftf resident paparazzi David walterderwent is going to visit the show so he should get some cracking pictures

Might have to make a trip up there, been for the last few years an its always been good. The paper did say it was this weekend though, which I thought was a bot odd

jdeere6910 if you manage to visit the show pop and say hello ;) ;) it is always good to chat with members off ftf

I'm going to be there for the whole weekend and i'm really looking forward to attending along with my camera. I haven't been since 2008 and back then I remember it being one of the best and most well laid out static vintage tractor rallies ive ever been to locally. If anyone would like to see a few preview pictures from when I last attended, i'll gladly post them up.

Decided to go on the saturday, if last year was anything to go by it will chuck it down again :laugh:

Looking very likely unfortunately Patrick if the forecast is anything to go by. I might yet attend on the Saturday but i'm definitely going to be there on the Sunday as the forecast looks a lot more promising. Saw a few tractors passing work today that looked like they were heading over to the show including what appeared to be very original Duncan cabbed Roadless Ploughmaster 95.

Here's a few photographs I took when I last attended back in 2008. Fantastic venue and a very well laid out rally with the tractors largely displayed in their respective manufacturer groups.

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

After sacrificing a trip this show on Saturday and despite being at work for several hours before hand i've had an absolutely brilliant day at Newby Hall today. The showers held off right up until I decided to leave ( hope you didn't get a soaking taking down your gazebo Peter ) and I managed to cram in a decent day's photography capturing the majority of the exhibits that were on display, a comprehensive selection of which i'll post over the course of the week. There were some truly amazing tractors on display, many historically siginificant and unusual machines, including the late John Moffett's complete set of Fowler Gyrotillers, Ivel, an ultra rare Bryan steam tractor and no less than four Ford 7810 Jubilee tractors. Great to grab a decent catch up with Peter again and his marvellous line up of multi coloured miniatures. :)

I'll post all my photographs up ( several hundred ) over the course of the next few days Howard. Haven't even looked at them on my computer yet i've been so busy with work and other things over the past week. Hope they've all turned out ok. Amazing show with a wonderful mix of tractors on display including some real rarieties. :)

Any more photos of the little Cub Cadet David :huh: ..I thinking of trying to get one to add to the International collection 8)

Unfortunately I haven't Bill. However if I ever come across it again at any shows I attend, i'll endeavour to take some more photographs of it. Tidy little tractor. :)

Yes it is a tidy little machine David and I'm sure I could have a shed made called "No 6" in my back garden to house it in ;D ;D

Whilst I don't have anymore photographs of the yellow and white machine Bill, I did discover this later 582 Cub Cadet at this year's show. I personally prefer the earlier version but it's nice to see the "family styling" in this later example.

P1190236.jpg

Oh David..that is another one I need to add to my wish list and... can I manage to fit in shed number 7 ;D ;D

You might be wanting more than 7 sheds Bill by the time I finish posting all of my photographs :laugh: .......However given we're in a Jubilee year lets start with a Jubilee tractor....four of them in fact.

P1190141.jpg

P1190179.jpg

P1190180.jpg

P1190181.jpg

P1190177.jpg

Onto my next set of photographs including the other tractors featured in the above line up.

2wd 7610.

P1190184.jpg

Much modified bubble cabbed 7610 followed by a pair of rather more genuine 6 cylinder 7810s.

P1180901.jpg

P1190186.jpg

P1190228.jpg

Smart looking late model 7840 followed by the first Moffett 7840 i've seen in the flesh.

P1190178.jpg

P1190182.jpg