Newby hall vintage rally 9th -10th June 2012

convo

More great pictures David looks like it was a big show with every brand on show for everyones tastes can't wait for the MF pictures to come :) hurry up dave ha ha!

Thanks ever so much Bob. Great show with a fantastic atmosphere that's very well laid out amongst the surrounding trees in the grounds of Newby Hall. Massey photographs along soon. ;)

Fanastic pics bud,yet again it shows you have a loaded camera and you ain't afraid to use it!! :laugh: :laugh: Although Poppy orange brigade (Nuffield club) bit of a let down, apart from 6pot conversion there nowt that jumps out and says look at me! then if you look at some pics earlier in the thread, other clubs encourage people to bring a bit of summat diffrent ;)

Thanks Paul, appreciated. Whilst I know i've missed a few of the exhibits on display I always endeavour to capture as much of the shows I attend as possible. Certainly not the largest selection of Nuffield and Leyland tractors i've ever photographed. It would have been really nice to have seen a few conversions such as a Bray and a few more later Marshall tractors. That said I was suitabley impressed with the 6 cylinder 10-60 conversion that looked to have been carried out very well.....More photographs to follow in due course. :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing where I left off with the International tractors on display starting with this unusual contraption. It's a Farmall Cub fitted with a "gas producer" system. I've seen a number of these fitted to tractors on the continent in magazines before but never in the flesh. This particular example is a replica of an American design built up by the chap driving the baby Cub.

P1190106.jpg

Followed by a pair of Farmall A tractors and a rowcrop BN.

P1190004.jpg

P1180964.jpg

P1190005.jpg

I haven't seen a contracption like that on a Cub before David but in my opinion it does nothing for the tractor. I would take his rear mounted plough off his hands though.

Whilst I agree it does nothing for the aesthetics of the tractor Bill, it was fascinating to see the system in operation and the tractor certainly drew plenty of attention from the spectators as it trundled around the site. Great to see something that little bit different such as this. :)

The 6 cylinder 10/60 looks a bit of a beast from your pic David, some 6 cylinder conversions look as rough as a bears arse when you get up close :laugh: But them that are done right by some one who has a bit of pride in their work often look an sound spot on :)

I've seen one or two in the past destined for the tractor pulling arena that, whilst they've worked, haven't looked anywhere near as smart as the 10/60 conversion or several others i've captured in the past Paul. :)

One of my favourite original condition tractors on display was a good friend of mine's International B-414 tractor equipped with matching model 901 loader and Nu-Way Benson box tipper. Followed by another pair of B-414 tractors.

P1180961.jpg

P1180959.jpg

P1180998.jpg

Another smart looking tractor to receive an engine transplant was this International 434.

P1190001.jpg

Lovely looking narrow 434 followed by an equally smart 276.

P1180972.jpg

P1180960.jpg

Last selection of photographs I took of the International tractors on display before moving onto the David Brown tractors brought together at the show.

Starting with another lovely original combination with this B-450 and matching seed drill.

P1190010.jpg

Followed by a B-614 and Tom Charlton's unusual 724.

P1190003.jpg

P1190011.jpg

Immaculately restored 354 alongside a working condition 574.

P1180989.jpg

P1180988.jpg

Lastly a smart looking 955 to round off this part of the rally.

P1190008.jpg

Just an update of information to the photographs I posted earlier of the Fowler Gyrotillers having had a sneaky peak in one of the monthly tractor magazines this morning. The standard tractor I had incorrectly assumed was a 4/40 is in fact 3/30 model previously owned by the late Peter Fordham. That tractor and the Gyrotillers are now all in the hands of the Ward brothers from Egham.

Next from my visit to Newby Hall, a small selection of Massey Harris related tractors starting with a Wallis Model K.

P1190109.jpg

Now an actual Massey Harris in the shape of this Pacemaker.

P1180922.jpg

Peter Dean's very well restored 744D.

P1190027.jpg

P1190129.jpg

Lastly this 444 and matching rectangular baler.

P1190076.jpg

P1190078.jpg