Newby hall vintage rally 9th -10th June 2012

convo

Continuing the crwaler tractor theme with the sole Caterpillar at the show, this tidy looking D4.

P1190307.jpg

Very original looking baby Cletrac crawler owned by David Briggs.

P1190260.jpg

Cletrac running gear used in partnership with this Ferguson tractor. I first saw this unsual little crawler at Newark last November.

P1190105.jpg

Another tractor i'd never photographed before until my return to Newby Hall, a Belarus DT75.

P1180880.jpg

P1180885.jpg

Lastly from the crwaler tractors on display, this beautifully restored John Deere BO Lindemann.

P1180792.jpg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the opposite Bill, i've only ever seen examples of these tractors without the enclosed cabs and other extra luxuries, like the majority of photographs of them on the internet. Fairly certain I have book by Nick Baldwin somewhere that shows a cabless example yoked to a trailer plough at a tractor trials event. :)

I must have a search back in my old photos pre digital days David and see if I have photos of cabbed ones...maybe a job for the winter ***hts since I need to get a lot of my old 35mm SLR negatives scanned to disc.

I must have a search back in my old photos pre digital days David and see if I have photos of cabbed ones...maybe a job for the winter ***hts since I need to get a lot of my old 35mm SLR negatives scanned to disc.

I'd look for the photograph contained in the book I mentioned Bill, but it's at the bottom of a box waiting to be moved to it's new home.

Following on from the John Deere BO Lindeman crawler a selection wheeled green and yellow machines starting with a pair of AR tractors and a styled model D.

P1180767.jpg

P1180787.jpg

P1180770.jpg

Another couple of favourites of mine. Firstly Trevor Shaw's very smart 4455. The last time I attended Newby Hall Trevor had an equally tidy Ford TW-20 on display.

P1180788.jpg

P1180789.jpg

P1190328.jpg

Whilst it was great to see Chris Jubb's immaculately restored 8430 articulated tractor out in the fresh air having captured the tractor indoors at Newark last November.

P1180929.jpg

P1190338.jpg

P1190339.jpg

The Dynometer proved to be a very popular attraction throughout the day with all manner of the exhibits and other modern tractors on low loader duty queing up to have a go. I do recall at least one tractor breaking down whilst taking it's turn, a logging equipped Fordson Major.

P1180916.jpg

P1180894.jpg

Another of the late John Moffitt's historically significant tractors on display was the Ivel. I'd seen this tractor once previously at the Millenium Show at Newark. The tractor still belongs to the Moffitt family and in the care of veteran tractor expert David White for any shows it attends.

P1180861.jpg

P1190333.jpg

Another ultra rare tractor i'd only ever seen in books I have was this Bryan steam tractor.

P1190094.jpg

P1190100.jpg

My next sets of photographs are of all things Allis Chalmers. For convenience we'll start with yet another tractor i'd never seen before in the flesh until my trip Newby Hall, an Advance Rumely 6. This tractor was launched around the same time the company was aquired by Allis - Chalmers in the early thirties and remained within the ranks of their product list for several years to follow.

P1180849.jpg

Another rare tractor on display was this 1920's Allis Chalmers 15-30.

P1180904.jpg

Followed by a pair of Model U tractors on parade.

P1190111.jpg

P1190114.jpg

Lastly in this set a pair of WF tractors.

P1180945.jpg

P1190308.jpg

Fanastic pics bud,yet again it shows you have a loaded camera and you ain't afraid to use it!! :laugh: :laugh: Although Poppy orange brigade (Nuffield club) bit of a let down, apart from 6pot conversion there nowt that jumps out and says look at me! then if you look at some pics earlier in the thread, other clubs encourage people to bring a bit of summat diffrent ;)